One For Bongo .. A Barn In A Field & Ice Hole

Enyaw

namuh
barnsm.jpg

View from a distance
barn.jpg

View from close .. 11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Dec 4/23

iceholesm.jpg

From A Distance

icehole.jpg

Close Up .. 11 x 14 Inches .. Oil on paper .. Alla Prima .. painted Dec 5/23

Last edited:
There are in my opinion way too many paintings of barns and boats. Out of fear of encouraging more paintings of barns and boats, I have a personal ban on commenting regardless of merit - and encourage others to do the same.

Wayne, I love the barn and the hole. We don't get snow every year so I like your snow paintings.

Ha, Bongo. I have taken many photos of barns but only painted a few. They fascinate me. I'm grinning at you.

There are in my opinion way too many paintings of barns and boats. Out of fear of encouraging more paintings of barns and boats, I have a personal ban on commenting regardless of merit - and encourage others to do the same.
That’s Weirdly funny. 🤪 My dad fished and half my uncles were farmers. I grew up in boats and barns. As the song goes, “I got my education, out behind the barn”. 😇

thanks Jo.

Come on, Bongo, he's only showing half a barn! :giggle: Love these, Wayne and there can never be too many barns. I may have to go paint one!:ROFLMAO: These 2 paintings are both fresh and well done.❤️❤️

Lovely work Wayne! I'm especially attracted to that last image for sure! Really good work. ♥️

Thank you Ayin. I’m a slow learner but I stay the course and fumble my way through anything I take an interest in. The second is more abstracted and I really like it but find myself finishing things a little more than I like at times but that is just me being me and I accept who I am.

I love them both! (Ignore our precious Bongo in this matter. ;) We will continue to admire his cityscape/plein air work while others handle the important work of painting barns!)

I really like the second one, i think it has perfect balance of being representative, while not being overstated and dull. First one is well done but there isn't enough color contrast to bring attention to it, like the brush strokes o the tree thou

Thank you Puapka. Yes, I should have done the back woods as bush and use red/purple. 👌

"Wow" to both of these! I love old barns and all that they represent so keep painting them. You got that weathered wood look perfectly!

Bad news for my plein air ambitions, I live in a very rural part of Iceland, the nearest village has fishing as the main source of income; all we have here are barns & boats....

Good new is it’s only personal opinion and who wants to follow any voice but their own. Know thyself and to thine own self be true!

Back