Once upon a headland

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi folks. This is an ATC of the scene I talk about involving art activism
You can see the scene is kinda unremarkable. But the place I took the photo from is quite a complex of illegal building.
Anyways, this was to plan and think about the real job that's coming up.
Rembrandts on sanded Sennelier card. 2.5x3.5 inches.

IMG_20240708_191759.jpg

What a beautiful job! The textures in this card are awesome. You called it an unremarkable scene, but just from a technical standpoint it's amazing how much detail you achieved.

Best of luck with the art activism part of this - I appreciate what you're trying to bring to light here. ❤️

Those tiny cards are hard to do, Murray, but this one is a beauty! I read about your predicament and can’t believe you should be prevented from painting on a public beach. I hope you’ll be able to make some progress but please be careful - you have already ruffled some feathers.

As usual, fate intervened over the last couple of weeks. We had visitors and they brought COVID! Everybody ended up with it, so for the last 2 weeks, I have been sick and am only just getting up to speed with ongoing headaches. Anyway, in a couple of weeks time I do plan to kayak and paint. I am not going to be confrontational, but who knows what can happen. I will do a couple of extra ATC´s to give to beach folk if they feel "displaced". This is becoming a big deal up and down Croatia with some massive fines being handed out to those that have damaged the coast, and while its not "my job" to point out transgressions, local authorities here have been flagged as "ineffective" by many. BTW, I do appreciate there are many different opinions on how to handle these situations.
Thanks for the comments on the ATC´s, they have kept my eye and hand in while recovering.

So sorry to hear you have/had Covid, Murray! That sucks! :( It sounds like you're on the rebound, though.

I don't envy your situation. But shining the light on it could help bring about better enforcement, so that's a positive.

Be well. ❤️

Hope you are feeling much better, Murray. Nice little painting. I imagine it looks much better on a phone than it does on a large screen. The enlargement blurs the pixels. Well done. (y)

Thanks guys. The headaches are slowly reducing. I think in the next couple of weeks I can be up to standing out in the sun for a couple of hours...

Back