On the easel a friday night

wirfi

Began a new painting last night, in something I hope will make a new series of paintings with "ritual" as a theme. I just managed the first layer last night.

Here you also see a part of my setup, with the rickety easel a now past away relative created. Sometime I will get a new one ;)

Also, I want to say that I usually try to avoid posting WIP-paintings now adays. But unlike other places, creative spark seems like a good place to do so. For some reason I trust this place more than for example Facebook groups.

IMG_20220423_011427.jpg

This is well on its way to being a beautiful figure study of light and movement. I'm definitely intrigued!

Also, I want to say that I usually try to avoid posting WIP-paintings now adays. But unlike other places, creative spark seems like a good place to do so. For some reason I trust this place more than for example Facebook groups.

On behalf of Ayin and the rest of the team, I really appreciate that! ❤️ So happy you feel this way!

I agree - it's great already! The few warm colors you've used so far make an impact. Thanks for the WIP. I always like to see the stages of paintings.

Glad you are posting as a WIP, I love to see another artist's process. ❤️

Thank you everyone. I'm not so sure about the process this time, I'm trying to be more "loose"/prepared and find new ground. It might have been a stretch to do that this big, lol.

Nice work - I like how you handle light and shadows. The hand on the upper left is is well executed and adds a nice balance to the work.

Back