On the coast again

MurrayG

Contributing Member
First day back after frantic running around. A morning on the beach led to a small painting. About 20x15cm, Rembrandt's on pastel mat.
I wasn't so happy, but some misguided tourists thought it was ok, one even offered to buy it, but I declined as my inner critic wasn't satisfied. Nice swim after tho.
IMG_4041.jpg

Those inner critics are the worst. I like the look of the trees above the rocky point and I’m not surprised that someone wanted to buy this!

MurrayG, look at that water! It's spectacular! Not everyone can paint water like you do. Very talented painted. Invites viewer to jump in.

I remember a while ago painting at the beach and even in the middle of the painting I took a refreshing swim. It's the best. Days are so hot summertime these yrs.

Thanks Donna, Arty & Moscatel. Appreciate the encouragement and comments. I'm happier with the water, the trees got me frustrated. Pleinair for me is a mix of stress, frustration and sometimes surprise.
To be fair, the guy who asked if I would sell saw it half done, ugh. Funny how after a certain point a painting snaps into place. Even so, I masked down to what I thought was ok. I've not gotten used to people dropping past like Bongo has managed.

This painting is so good ! Water is spectacular!
Murray, I don't know if it would make a difference if you treated the trees more like a big mass but leaving a tree or two with detail as you have there already. Same with the rocks, again treating them as a big mass but 1/3 of the rocks in front leaving them as you have them. What do you think?
Everything else is spectacular ! I especially like the stairs in the left, the grayish shadow near the stairs on that sandy hill and the tiny grey rock is important element there too. All good! 👍

Back