On paper

laf.art

Here's a little watercolour and ink on paper.I'm thinking of taking it into a digi programme and messing around with it a bit more. Thoughts🙂

Attachments

• IMG_20190617_134552_927.jpg
    IMG_20190617_134552_927.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 111
I like your painting. It is in that dreamlike state where an abstract work is almost realistic. Like reality is juuust out of reach of the brain...
Great use of color and the combination with ink really works. I have ambitions to do more ink and washes, it's a very nice combination of mediums.

Oh my! Play with it if you must in digi, but don't touch it IRL. I really, really love this! <3

I 100% agree with sno on this one. It is so excellent as it is. Please don't touch it. It's superb!

I couldn't agree more. Stick with the original. Reminds me of what I seem incapable of doing.

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed it. It's safe from my meddling. I had a little digi play but found that I also preferred the original
EJH thank you, I really enjoy this combination, I like your description🙂

Congratulations on leaving it alone !

Besides the wonderful colors(colours), it seems to me that it is right on the dividing line between realism and abstract as EJH said.

I couldn't agree more. Stick with the original. Reminds me of what I seem incapable of doing.

Good decision! I use virtual painting exclusively as a tool to try out colour combinations before doing the final, physically executed painting. The digital image is used as a guide only and is never copied slavishly.

Thanks Trier🙂
Hermes, yes I occasionally try that as well but I also like to create manipulated images of finished original paintings as you have done with this one, as looking at paintings this way can often teach me something

Back