Observatory Mountain

M

Martin C

Observatory Mountain is a triptych I finished (?) yesterday. 150 x 60 cm in all, acrylic on canvas.

observatory_mountain.png

Here's an in situ shot to give a feeling of size. I usually work to a somewhat smaller scale than this but aspire to go bigger still...

with_table copy.png

I must admit I'm not very sure about it but it brightens up an empty wall for the moment.

Thanks for looking :)

I too love this work, and think it's great! Take pride in what you have created here if you truly love it. I know we as humans tend to feed off of favorable praise, but it's important to be proud of yourself when you have done something positive for yourself and/or someone/thing else, I feel.

Try not to base opinions of your positive actions on what others think, but what you believe to be true of it!

:)

Again, I love this work. Great job! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful. I love your stylized triptych! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Love it. I really like the colours and shapes you've chosen and there is a lot to keep me looking 🙂

Oooh, I like this, and it looks so lively on the wall! What a wonderful introductory painting!

Thank you Kay, EJH and Laika! It is growing on me. Like several of my recent paintings I've found that it requires strong light, natural or artificial, to really get the best out of it. In these conditions the colour layers do produce a quite vivid depth illusion that varies across the patches, which is what I was aiming for, but is not really visible on the photo.

I like this so much and think you have a wonderful painting style, Martin! Each piece could stand on its own but together they make quite a stunning visual effect!

Thanks Dave. It took me a while to get them level and spaced but if I ever get to show them I'll try out various spacings... :)

Yeah I like how it works as a natural landscape and also has urban "housing" , and is abstract but still pretty and makes sense.

Back