Not strictly watercolor

snoball

Certifiable
Supporting Member
These are all painted in acrylic but that is water media so let's call it watercolor. :) First one is a floor cloth. This is the way people used to decorate their floors when houses only had dirt floors. It moved on up to an art in the mid 20th century.
101_0045.jpg

After the Dance.jpg

Trompl1.jpg

img021.jpg

Attachments

• For you dear.jpg
    For you dear.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 210
Crap, I just now saw there was an Acrylic forum and I had even posted in it. :LOL: Moderator, please move this junk to the acrylic forum. 🙃

Seldom have I seen a better painting of a violin. The bridge isn't quite right and the f-holes a little exaggerated but everything else is spot on. The tip of the bow is not quite right but everything else about it is also spot on. The portrayal of stringed instruments in art is almost never this good and is frequently terrible.

I had missed this,

overjoyed to have seen them now, they are all exceptional works, they leave you breathless,
the rooster has an absurd 3d effect, my head is turning a little; to try to understand how the rooster managed not to fall I'm looking at him upside down. (seriously they give the desire to move the head to observe them, they are very relastistic and 3d but as I said in the other post there is much more, magic).
seeing that beautifies the day, thank you very much.

Thank you Joe. The rooster floor cloth is still tacked to the board I painted it on. It has to be tacked down for all the coats of paint so it doesn't curl or wrinkle. After it is dry and gets a couple of coats of varnish, a hem is glued under.

it is an extraordinary work.

manage the painting, create a work (the large scale, size of the works, think that I found it more spontaneous to draw on a5 or a6 sheets, so for 3 years I have been using A4 and a3, actually large sheet allows you to put more things but it is so strange, it really seems another world, even a mechanical pencil or a tip tempered differently, to say that I think there are things in common in the various means but also a lot of difference, one of the things in common and that you bring beauty in every medium, maybe creating art is bringing something of yourself into the work, maybe even your own approach to life, your being, therefore the feeling and that you are condemned to create only masterpieces, beautiful things),

I think painting is always so complex and requires so many things that at some point they will do it without thinking about it but they will really require a lot of talent, skill and imagination.
you do all this masterfully, a pleasure to see these works

joe1It said:
one of the things in common and that you bring beauty in every medium, maybe creating art is bringing something of yourself into the work, maybe even your own approach to life, your being, therefore the feeling and that you are condemned to create only masterpieces, beautiful things),
I think all artists bring something of themselves into their work. You've worded this so beautifully that I think I'll give you a gold star for being one of my biggest fans. :giggle: Thanks again Joe.

Back