Night Mountain

rodhlann

1638641982215.png

Working on landscapes and still figuring out Krita. I'm sort of struggling to create fine detail, I think. I might need to bump up the canvas size. I was hoping for more fine texture on the mountainside, but feel that it came out a bit soft / blurred.

I think it is perfect as it is. The mountains are far away and it is dark, so one would not see much detail in reality.
The variation in color in the sky is beautiful.

Lovely painting. I like the glow in the sky behind the mountains. I think you have the right amount of detail. You wouldn't be able to see much at that time of night.

It's definitely growing on me the longer I examine it. I think I have some ideas on how to touch it up in the future as well 🙂

Outstanding sky and the mountain is just right IMHO.

You have inspired me to download Krita. Now all I have to do is learn how to use it !

It's a great piece of software! I'm glad I've brought some inspiration, that's a huge compliment 😁 do you have a drawing tablet? I've got an old beat up one someone gifted me, but I'm thinking of upgrading aoon.

It's a great piece of software! I'm glad I've brought some inspiration, that's a huge compliment 😁 do you have a drawing tablet? I've got an old beat up one someone gifted me, but I'm thinking of upgrading aoon.
I have an old small Wacom around here someplace and I'm not sure if it works, but I am looking. What's your thinking on your upgrade ?

Last time I was seriously shopping this is the one that kept catching my eye: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VTKYH9D. This is an actual drawing display though, which I've been going back and forth on. I don't mind the drawing pad without display at all, and as much as the display might be nice I think it would ruin my posture even further ha!

Back