Night Moths

Yes, I too have some kind of OCD, but I feel like no one would ever be able to see that I'm a perfectionist from my art because it looks so primitive. But I want it to look an exact way, even if lines are crooked. I want them "perfectly" crooked.

I fight myself constantly because I do not want to give into these urges to make everything "just so." I want to loosen it all up, and it's a big challenge for me, but I try every time.

Ha!, Arty, I was expecting you to be a little obsessive like that. While with the outer world, we have no other choice than taking it as it's given to us, at least our own creations have to be like We want them to be, right? Or am I off-point here with my understanding?

... these urges to make everything "just so."
Oh yeah, tell me about it. With me, even at the prize of publishing the yearbooks with a delay of two (or even three) years, I am definitely not able to simply let someone else make it or help me with it in any other way than exactly, as it HAS to be. Such a habit is a bitch, n'est-ce pas?
And coming to mind:
This is also the reason why I usually go edit my posts after sending, sometimes multiple times, often just to add a word or phrase or delete, or say it in a slightly different way. I'm not satisfied and can't let a simple post just stand as is, after I spot anything, that I'd prefer an other way. [qed]

Last edited:
That's so funny/interesting. I am not as particular with my forum posts. I will edit them if they have super terrible writing or misspelled words, but I tend to be impatient about most of them and throw them up as fast as possible without taking much time to think beforehand. It's actually not a good habit because sometimes I might say things I will later regret. :rolleyes:

It took me quite awhile to relearn the first rule-- know when to stop. As a teen I had no problem with that.

I'm a ruthless editor too.

Thanks Arty. I do too. It's very atmospheric, and has some of the feel of a Japanese print with the diagonal rain they were so fond of. I'd completely forgotten it and just came across it while looking for something else. I like the way the larger of the two moths (if that's what they are) escapes from the boundaries, into the border. 1989, I think.
I definitely thought of a Japanese print. I love it!

Back