Nicknames/Pseudonymns/nom de plume?

I love your avatar classic! :)
Thank you! It is perhaps a symbol of the mystery, of the unknown that we try to discover, a challenge for humans. A rare moment with Earth, Moon and Sun aligned, at 300000 km and 150 million km distance.
I don't think this uneven shine all-around is annoying. It adds to the mystery. It seems that scientists take valuable info by observing that uneven shine during eclipses.

Welllll, MurrayG. It's my middle name with a nod to my first name in the last letter. After a life of interesting turns and wanting some "space", Murray has become more comfy as an artist, certainly publically and affords some degree of "privacy", at least in my head 😁

I like reading the stories of how everyone chose their names. :)

As a lover of monarch butterflies and living where we would see many of them as they flew on their migratory path, I chose monarch as my name on Wet Canvas back in 2005. Living in the US, I hadn't thought about it at the time as meaning anything other than a butterfly, but over the years I learned that some members only knew the word "monarch" as meaning a political ruler.

So when we needed to re-register, I added the "butterfly" part so there would be no confusion. And I just brought the same name over here to Creative Spark. The name is pretty long to type out, though! 🦋 :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the first half is pretty obvious; my name is Jessica, but I prefer Jessie. The "nebulous" part comes from the fact I love space (nebulas) and because my health is nebulous, as in, "hazy, unclear, ill-defined." It took them 15 years to diagnose me with an autoimmune disease and neurological disorder, and we're still not completely certain if the diagnoses are fully accurate. Such is the nebulous territory of comorbid chronic illnesses.

Well, the first half is pretty obvious; my name is Jessica, but I prefer Jessie. The "nebulous" part comes from the fact I love space (nebulas) and because my health is nebulous, as in, "hazy, unclear, ill-defined." It took them 15 years to diagnose me with an autoimmune disease and neurological disorder, and we're still not completely certain if the diagnoses are fully accurate. Such is the nebulous territory of comorbid chronic illnesses.
Thanks for sharing that, Jessie. I'm sorry for your health issues. There are a number of us here who struggle through various ills to get to making our art. Making art can be very therapeutic on many levels. ❤️ You're not alone!

Thanks for sharing that, Jessie. I'm sorry for your health issues. There are a number of us here who struggle through various ills to get to making our art. Making art can be very therapeutic on many levels. ❤️ You're not alone!
That's very kind of you. Thank you. 💜

Jessie, you are not alone at all. I went through the same thing for the same amount of time before they could figure me out too. Luckily, about six years in, I responded to the MS (multiple sclerosis) medications despite not having a clear diagnosis, even though doctors were very reluctant to use interferon. It got me out of the wheelchair however. Years later, they found it was not MS, but a neurological form of lupus that looks exactly like MS. I am still on immuno-suppressants, but they are a bit different than the original meds I was on. They are still working for the most part, knock on wood. Hang in there. Sometimes it's not about the name of your diagnosis but what treatments work best. ♥️

Back