New Roof - Old Barn

A

Aspenman

16x20 on 246lb linen paper using SoHo HB Acrylics with big brush using "dry brush" process.
Emphasis with this was color & texture with concentration on the barn.

20211130_114247.jpg

Good job. I like how you contrast the new roof with the texture on the old barn. Makes for an interesting painting.

I love the movement in your sky here. The color pops beautifully on that roof, too. Wonderful!

Wow that new roof does stand out and makes for a nice picture. I do envy you guys who can work with a large brush. My biggest brush is a No 10 Flat that I use for the sky.
Steve.

Wow that new roof does stand out and makes for a nice picture. I do envy you guys who can work with a large brush. My biggest brush is a No 10 Flat that I use for the sky.
Steve.
My first choice of a painting tool is a large palette knife which one is better off using it standing to get good arm motion. Since my Parkinsons arrived, I've had to revert to sitting, as I started falling over!! Thus a large 2" brush became my goto tool as I can move paint as I did with the knife.

I'm so sorry you've been losing balance/falling over. Is it because of weakness?
It is but one of the many ways Parkinsons let's me know of its presence. The only shaking I have is my right thumb but I can control that by moving my thumb under my fingers. My Parkinsons seems to have concentrated on my balance/equilibrium - I cannot walk backwards, I have to keep making U-turns and I constantly have the sensation that I'm falling backwards which happens if I stand too long! 😅 I have daily challenges but as long as I can paint 🎨
I am happy.

I understand the disease very well, so I know a lot about how it can behave sometimes. I have a lot of neurological issues myself and have some similar symptomology, like feeling like I'm falling backwards when I stand and close my eyes. I also have a tremor in both hands, especially my right and I am right-handed. I've learned to "like" my wiggly lines and embrace them. ;)

Lewy Body runs in my family. I'm probably going to get it eventually since it's been every generation so far. It is Parkinson's and Alzheimer's together. I took care of my mom when she had it until she passed. It moves faster than Parkinson's does.

I understand the disease very well, so I know a lot about how it can behave sometimes. I have a lot of neurological issues myself and have some similar symptomology, like feeling like I'm falling backwards when I stand and close my eyes. I also have a tremor in both hands, especially my right and I am right-handed. I've learned to "like" my wiggly lines and embrace them. ;)

Lewy Body runs in my family. I'm probably going to get it eventually since it's been every generation so far. It is Parkinson's and Alzheimer's together. I took care of my mom when she had it until she passed. It moves faster than Parkinson's does.
One thing I can say is having any disease SUCKS! My Dr just added a Rx which is
Ropinarole which I take upon awakening - it releases medication over a 24 hour period.
I have noticed a big improvement in my ability to think & concentrate. I had gone from 5 down to 2 mornings a week of painting due to a lack of being able to concentrate - been taking the new Rx for 1 month now and I'm back to 5 mornings a week. WOO-HOO!!!
No improvements to the other issues but I'll take what I can get.