New Members Coming From Wet Canvas

Artyczar

Hi all,

I just want to say that I went over the WC and read about 22 pages in the Cafe about how they are closing at the end of the year. It is indeed sad. I hadn't been there in like a year, so it was kind surreal to be there.

I saw a little bit of misinformation about this forum in regards to people signing up.

It is true that there are only a couple of people (moderators) here approving members as they try to join. We are doing it manually and it takes time depending on whether or not we are online. We have to do it this way because there are a lot of spammers that try to join.

Also, some mistakes can be made by some of us and accidentally disapprove a legitimate account, in which case, that will have to be fixed. That may take a few hours, depending on if I'm online. I'm just one person. Sometimes there are also glitches in the system as well as human mistakes.

Some people have spoken out about some of these problems on Wet Canvas. That is fine, but it's not true that I am banning anyone. It's just that we are a small operation and I hope the new people can bear with us at this time. :)

Thank you and I hope we can grow this community and get more moderators in time.

Warmest wishes,

Ayin (Artyczar)

Ayin, thank you and the others for your efforts. (y) The mods at WC are the greatest, doing so much for the members. I am fortunate my account was approved here, and look forward to using the site.

Hi Ayin, as a current and former WC member, lets face it, they have not closed yet, but the mood has already set the momentum of those serious about art discussion to look for options. It is sad as I felt I gained much from the input there with so many experienced artists. I am retired and ths is a "serious" hobby for me and I am not building a career as an artist, but I do have the mindset of wanting to improve before I cannot due to "age". Art is an odd thing and misunderstaood by many, even artists !! but the human need to express something regardless of an audience is part of out DNA.
I appreciate this sites lofty goals and support it. If I can assist in some small way I will try to do so.
We are sorry for WC, but as there seems to be little willingness to morph into a sustainable community, then let the cards fall as they will.
As we know from politics, there will always be misinformation and misdirection ... so, stay focused, stay open mined and stay happy :)

We had a meeting with the wetcanvas owners today and they have said that the site will now close at the start of 2022, January or February. The wetcanvas database will be preserved as a reference site accessible by anyone.

Thanks for the update Yorky. I'm glad it'll at least be accessible to everyone.

I doubt it, we tried very hard to find them, we even resorted to the Wayback Machine. Fortunately, knowing the site was going the move we asked members to save their favourite threads and CharM and I saved several of my demos and reposted them. I found that if you click on a thread and right-click you can save it as a pdf.

Doug, thanks for the information. WC helped so many people because of you.

Hi. Lazarus form WC.
nice forum and remind WC somehow. hope to see more members coming from WC.
thanks Doug for the recommendation.

Hello ArtyCzar,

I think you must be referring to the post I made on WC
about the difficulty I encountered when I tried to join Creative Spark.

I'm sorry - I didn't mean that you had banned me. I said that I thought
the software mistook me for a spam robot. [ the message I kept receiving
was " You have been banned -reason: spam . If you feel this is in error, contact
the administrator' ] I tried to contact the administrator but there was no contact link,
the software didn't allow me to access anything.

I really wanted to join Creative Spark,. The only thing I could do was post on WC
and hope that someone here would see it and help me.

Kay saw it and now, here I am !

Cheers,
Patricia

Many thanks to those of you who are working to approve new members. I was impressed that I received notification so quickly. It can be overwhelming to have so many people trying to join in such a short time. Thank you all for being so welcoming!

Hello ArtyCzar,

I think you must be referring to the post I made on WC
about the difficulty I encountered when I tried to join Creative Spark.

I'm sorry - I didn't mean that you had banned me. I said that I thought
the software mistook me for a spam robot. [ the message I kept receiving
was " You have been banned -reason: spam . If you feel this is in error, contact
the administrator' ] I tried to contact the administrator but there was no contact link,
the software didn't allow me to access anything.

I really wanted to join Creative Spark,. The only thing I could do was post on WC
and hope that someone here would see it and help me.

Kay saw it and now, here I am !

Cheers,
Patricia
No need to apologize. I am sorry for the inconvenience it caused to you. I worked on getting to the bottom of why your account was put into the spam pile and it took me some time to get to the bottom of it. I finally worked it out and got you approved, but I feel bad for the amount of time it took me to figure it out. No worries now.

Hi Doug, and many other WC members I see here! I was A WC Mod for 15 years and Im so sad the WC Site is closing but it couldnt contine in its present state. I really miss all the online friends Ive made over the years but I do see lots of them here. This looks like a great Art Site to be in, so thanks for accepting me.

Hi Doug, and many other WC members I see here! I was A WC Mod for 15 years and Im so sad the WC Site is closing but it couldnt contine in its present state. I really miss all the online friends Ive made over the years but I do see lots of them here. This looks like a great Art Site to be in, so thanks for accepting me.
Welcome to Creative Spark, Vivien! We're glad you made it over.

I hope you see more familiar faces here to help you settle in. :) Please take a look around, post your work, and have fun!

Vivien, great to see you here! Apparently I missed your farewell from WC. Look forward to your lovely work and tales of Pippa!

Back