My father is dying

Desforges

I painted these two of my son years ago.
The second is the cover of a poetry book in England. Can’t remember the title.
D3CED995-43A2-4D80-A992-18579E6346D9.jpeg
29446F12-3A26-48F8-8230-DAA380B797B3.jpeg

they are beautiful works.

there are also tattoos, ideograms, beautiful but incredible, in the second also the background strikes, in the blue as palaces appear.
the stories in the stories you paint. details,
strong works.

Yes, there is a temple in the background. It was painted under the coat of blue , then the blue was sanded before getting varnished. My son’s dad was half chinese . So these are references to what we knew until my son went to China and Korea where he worked. Thanks, Joe.

These could sell in a gallery in Los Angeles for at least $15K, minimum. What size are they? They are amazing.

I have another one, same subject , that had been rolled up for 20 years. It is 6’x9’.
When my son learned that his dad was dying, he would sit and look just like that for the longest time. He was sad and so angry at the same time because they had run out of time.
I would paint the subject over and over. I think that unconsciously I was trying to put his sadness on the wall. 😟

Great impact with both of these.Thanks as Joe said for the clarification, it must have been hard to watch your son struggle

Jocelyne, this is stunning and strong! When did you do this? Is it acrylic? Wonderful. Thank you for sharing this. ♥️

Jocelyne, this is stunning and strong! When did you do this? Is it acrylic? Wonderful. Thank you for sharing this. ♥️
Same year as the two others, 2002. They were sitting in a locker. The last one has been rolled up ever since. They are acrylic.

Amazing pieces, all of them. Beautiful and powerful. I can only imagine their impact on seeing them in person.

Beautiful work, thank you for sharing these! ❤

Back