Moose and Bowl of Cherries

ams

Here a couple of small sketches I did recently using Pigma Micron 01. They are each roughly 5"x7" in XL Mix Media Sketchbook.

I start with a freehand pencil sketch and then add the ink.

20221212Sk7 Moose.png

20221214Sk7 Cherries.png

Anne, how inspiring and clean looking. The cherries are really great.

Reactions: ams
These are fantastic Anne! Do you erase the pencil after the ink? These look really stellar. ♥️

Nice work!

Is it me, or does that bowl of cherries look to be in danger from that moose? 😋

--Rich

• Haha
Moose is great, you’ve captured his/her character. The way he is peeking is super. I also like the minimal board lines that add to the story yet don’t detract from your subject. The bowl looks fine. The cherry shapes and highlights are good. I think the cherries would look smoother if the hatching was more contoured.

Moose is great, you’ve captured his/her character. The way he is peeking is super. I also like the minimal board lines that add to the story yet don’t detract from your subject. The bowl looks fine. The cherry shapes and highlights are good. I think the cherries would look smoother if the hatching was more contoured.
Thanks Scamall. This was my first try at something round like cherries in pen and ink. I agree that the cross hatching I used was distracting. Something to work on. :) Thanks for the helpful comments.

Thanks Scamall. This was my first try at something round like cherries in pen and ink. I agree that the cross hatching I used was distracting. Something to work on. :) Thanks for the helpful comments.
You have solid skills!

Back