Modified AI art thread - I'll share the thread if anyone wants to add theirs

I haven't watched the whole video yet, but this looks like a helpful tool. Site is patch-e.com, 7-minute tutorial video is here:

Thanks for sharing! I haven't tried Dall-E yet, because I can't stop playing with others :) Interesting that the viddy notes that the images are private after all that uploading and downloading. I take that to mean that the end product is not in the public domain. Not sure, though.

I'm still experimenting with how to influence Artbreeder Collage, though mostly I just sit slack-jawed and mesmerized, pushing the buttons. Anyway, I tried this yesterday (the tree and background are mine, the red circle I made on the site):

tree in fiery landscape, octane render.png

Well, I dove into this and made a bunch of images for Redbubble, some modified/manipulated quite a bit and some uploaded as-is or nearly so. Haven't learned anything worth sharing. I now have a collection of AI images that weren't easily marketable, so today I did a sketch with traditional media using one of those "unsuccessful" images as a loose reference. I guess maybe I should start a thread in mixed media. . . .

Haven't been here so haven't kept up with any threads.

Redbubble shop in my signature if anyone is interested. I tried a variety of styles, etc. The most recent 40ish designs are all derived from AI (except the most recent, which is traditional media with AI image as very loose reference).

Edited to add: Oops, there are some public domain images in the most recent 40ish as well. Forgot about those.

Last edited:
I love Mouse in Shining Armor! Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus is very beautiful. You are getting some good results out of you're collaboration with Dall-e!

I love Mouse in Shining Armor! Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus is very beautiful. You are getting some good results out of you're collaboration with Dall-e!
Thanks! I'm having a lot of fun with it.

The hymn ones are straight out of DALL-E. I don't do any alterations (except pick which image I think is best). I'm also making the downloads free on Flickr. So they're definitely part of my AI experimentation, but I don't think of them as "my art."

I used PATCH-E and DALL-E to make this. Minimal editing (dodge/burn, subtle vignette) before exporting to PNG. It took a lot of DALL-E credits to get the details right, but it was fun! I enjoyed writing the product description, too.
"The Marvellous Multitasking Coffee Machine elegantly adorns parlors and galleys and sundry rooms, including those of institutions established by purveyors of multifarious brews. No caffeinated household is complete without one of these magical machines!"
Steampunk Coffee (Small) (1).png

My other freelance work came through for me, and I don't have to look for a "real job" for a while at least. Sticking my head in to share a free AI - most cost money these days. This one is free for now and runs Stable Diffusion and isn't bogged down with too many users today, although I don't expect that will last long. https://enstil.ai/

I tried very hard to get Stable Diffusion (which is open source) running on my personal computer before my freelance work came in, and I wasn't able to make it happen. Maybe I'll try it again when I have more free time again, but it's pretty complicated. I'm sure it won't be long before user-friendly installer packages come out.

A recent one, before and after. bloodhound illustration_2.png
BIGJPG Noble Hound (Custom).png

Back