Misty Snow

CaliAnn

Watercolor on pastel paper. C&C welcome:

MistySnow.png

Very atmospheric, CaliAnn. It’s cold here but no snow forecast. I like the pink hues.

I just love this - atmospheric and mysterious, and so inviting! I really like the soft pink beyond the trees.

Gorgeous! I love your delicate colors. ❤️ This is beautiful, CaliAnn! One of your best!

The freshness and variation is the greens are excellent, as is the feeling of mist. Very fresh looking. Beautiful texture - I have never tried watercolor on pastel paper, as I use oodles of water. I would probably like to see something about the area of the center mist as a focal point, but I don't know what. BTW, what size is this?

Thank you everyone for your kind comments - I really appreciate it.
Joy: I use a sanded pastel paper (which I have TONS of) for the watercolor - it can handle a TONS of water. The paint doesn't really sink into the paper, but more like it air dries - and you have to mix between watery and thick paint.

This is gorgeous, CaliAnn! Such a soft, dreamy subject and the colors are so good together.

Spectacular work! I didn’t know you could get effects like that using pastel paper. We have had fog most of the week and this fits right in.

Back