Me and Cramer's Old Fishing Spot

Trier

Supporting Member
Here's to ya Crame ole buddy . . .

18x24 acrylic/posterboard
P1000807CramerFishingSpotCropM1.JPG
C&C & helpful advice welcome

I enjoy the tonal balance in this and the contrast between the almost abstract background and the very realistic dead branch laying in the foreground. (y)

WOW! I can't tell you how much this inspires me! This is excellent. I have been trying to do exactly this sort of thing lately, but it's not working as well for me as it has for you. This is beautiful! A perfectly balanced composition. The abstraction of it is stellar and really moves me.

I don't have advice because it's yours and in your style, not mine. If it were mine, I'd do different things, but wouldn't touch the comp or the color balance, or anything like that. I think the little red squiggles on the light yellow area are your thing, but I would not have them there. ...actually, never mind. I think they make it better because if they weren't there, it would make the piece less thrilling. I am just thinking out loud here. I guess I wasn't sure of them at first, but now I am. That's the beauty of this art though. I wanted to look at it for a long time, so I am looking at it as a viewer and an artist (sometimes these two entities fight with each other), but as a viewer--which was my first knee jerk reaction--I was so taken with this. It really seems perfect to me. I'm jealous! ;)

If you saw the stuff I've been drawing for the last several days you'd see I have been trying to capture similar things. This is so wonderful--GREAT JOB!

Sorry I keep gushing, but these are my feelings. ❤️

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Arty,and Sno !
Will write a more deserving reply when and if I get functional tomorrow. Down for tonite.

I enjoy the tonal balance in this and the contrast between the almost abstract background and the very realistic dead branch laying in the foreground. (y)
Thanks, Sno for the helpful comments. I greatly appreciate informed comment from such an accomplished artist as you.

I sort of lucked out on the color balance in this one, but the abstract/realistic aspect was one thing I was shooting for and it did not come easy, so it is very good to hear that you noticed and approved.

WOW! I can't tell you how much this inspires me! This is excellent. I have been trying to do exactly this sort of thing lately, but it's not working as well for me as it has for you. This is beautiful! A perfectly balanced composition. The abstraction of it is stellar and really moves me.

I don't have advice because it's yours and in your style, not mine. If it were mine, I'd do different things, but wouldn't touch the comp or the color balance, or anything like that. I think the little red squiggles on the light yellow area are your thing, but I would not have them there. ...actually, never mind. I think they make it better because if they weren't there, it would make the piece less thrilling. I am just thinking out loud here. I guess I wasn't sure of them at first, but now I am. That's the beauty of this art though. I wanted to look at it for a long time, so I am looking at it as a viewer and an artist (sometimes these two entities fight with each other), but as a viewer--which was my first knee jerk reaction--I was so taken with this. It really seems perfect to me. I'm jealous! ;)

If you saw the stuff I've been drawing for the last several days you'd see I have been trying to capture similar things. This is so wonderful--GREAT JOB!

Sorry I keep gushing, but these are my feelings. ❤️
Arty, I am overwhelmed !
But I think any sincere comment in any form is a great gift to me, and especially from you as an artist from whom I could learn much.

I have been following your drawings and your paintings, but I have not commented much because the others say it much better, and they have the credentials to make artistic critiques. I can only admire or wonder what I am missing.

It is wonderful that you see the similarity in this one of mine and the works you have been doing because that was my feeling also, especially when I saw your Oil “Unexpected”!
Your observation raises my confidence no end!

Again, your thoughts on the yellow sky and red squiggles were close to mine when I was throwing the paint and looked at it, but I kept and used the red marks to echo and connect with the reaching limbs of the fallen tree to sort of show that the same things exist in heaven and on earth, and maybe they are really one and the same.

Maybe it is like what I was trying to say to Sno, that abstract/realistic are really the same to me.

Please don’t be apologetic about your feelings for my painting, they are treasured by me !

Regards,
Trier

Back