Lilies After Alexi Saitsev

Enyaw

namuh
after Alexi Zaitsev.jpg

11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. paintied April 1/22
trying to understand his style more that trying to replicate his painting stroke for stroke or color for color
.. interesting study.
His painting:
IMG_2540.jpg

Beautiful lilies, Wayne, and I'd say you emulated that style of painting very well! I looked up his work and he is so very good. Did you use a knife or brushes or both for this?

Oh my, gorgeous! ♥️
Thank you Ayin .. the man leaves an impression and because he is such a great artist, the impression is a good one.

This is fantastic!❤️❤️ My day lilies are coming up right now
Thank you Sno .. we have some as well but we are not close .. just got another dose of snow but it will be gone in a day or two as it's too warm for snow .. still cold though.

Beautiful lilies, Wayne, and I'd say you emulated that style of painting very well! I looked up his work and he is so very good. Did you use a knife or brushes or both for this?
Thank you Donna .. I have a ways to go but I think the style is a continuation of what I have been heading toward so the absorption of it will only benefit me. These days I use anything that works .. fingers, brushes, knives, etc. I think it was Fechin who pointed me that way .. he said something to he point of just get it down: your job as an artist is to fill the canvas with beautiful color and the methods and subjects are not important.

thank you Queen Bee and BartC

A very interesting study, indeed, Wayne! I do think you're already on this path so it's interesting to see how his style would help inform your own work.

This one's a beauty! I love your work with the leaves especially. ❤️

Wow. It's not just the flowers (the arrangement and the color) by how you captured the light as it illuminated parts of the subject. The background is flawless - it enhances but does not overshadow the arrangement. Simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing this fine work.

Thank you Terri ... actually I think I learned that I got the strut but I lose it in the translation. I have not yet been able to turn the wheel on my own. It's not overly difficult when you got a painting in front of you but when you got life in your eye line: where is the point of conversion.

thank you Rcleary .. sometimes I get lucky.

thank you Lamar ..

He is very realist supported by very minimalistic in an abstract manner. All his works are wonderful.

I can see how his works would be an inspiration. Great painting - your lilies are delicate yet seem to have more "pop."

Back