Leather Study

Here is the thing, Sno (to use Biden’s favorite words): your technical ability and, I’d have to say, patience, are second to none. Your humility in this regard is up there too. Even artists like myself to whom photorealism is not our cup of tea, can not remain indifferent when viewing your mastery.
Do you sell them? Do you give some away? Do you stack them up carefully in your studio?

To achieve what you achieved here by such limited means as a pencil and a little bit of yellow coloring in the zipper is phenomenal. To be able to make every viewer realize that they have leather here with all its wrinkles and intricacies, as opposed to some other fabric, is incredible. And this realization certainly does not require a title with the word “leather” in it.
I’d dare to say that no drawing by a renaissance master or a Dutch master of the 16th century surpasses this one.

Hey Sno, if you replace the zipper with buttons (I believe the guy who invented zippers was born like 450 years after Leonardo packed it in....) and then pour some coffee on it (carefully of course. Mocajava would be great) to make it look ancient, a few top scholars will attribute it to “that Leonardo thing” that’s been missing for 542 years!!

Hey Sno, if you replace the zipper with buttons (I believe the guy who invented zippers was born like 450 years after Leonardo packed it in....) and then pour some coffee on it (carefully of course. Mocajava would be great) to make it look ancient, a few top scholars will attribute it to “that Leonardo thing” that’s been missing for 542 years!!
:ROFLMAO: Shouldn't be a problem at all! Then I should get a few million at auction, right? 😂

Back