Latest Oil Pastel

Arnie

My last Oil pastel in series of 3 of interpretations of Bushy Park. Ducks/birds in this one.
C&C Appreciated, Thanks for looking. Arnie
Sennelier Oil Pastel on Hahnemuhle Aniversary Watercolour paper 40x30 cm
mini-BushyPark3_4.JPG

Superb! You have me so curious about this paper now. What a wonderful job you did here. Rich, beautiful color. Love it!

Superb! You have me so curious about this paper now. What a wonderful job you did here. Rich, beautiful color. Love it!
Thanks Terri. I got a block of 50 sheets about 5years ago when it was a very good buy. I'm undecided about it for watercolour use, but found it OK to learn watercolour with - but one has to be careful removing masking fluid! The surface texture and weight (425g) makes it a good option for oil pastels but it can be anoying having to fill in all the holes/although they do give an interesting effect. I did a quick watercolour underpainting for this one to help with that, some of which is still visible.

I've never tried watercolor for an underpainting with oil pastels. I've used Turpenoid over a base layer of student grade OPs, same "filler" effect for papers with texture like this seems to have.

You did a beautiful job here! 👏

My last Oil pastel in series of 3 of interpretations of Bushy Park. Ducks/birds in this one.
C&C Appreciated, Thanks for looking. Arnie
Sennelier Oil Pastel on Hahnemuhle Aniversary Watercolour paper 40x30 cm
View attachment 18799
I'm going to be checking out that paper too. Any Aussies out there know of a supplier?

Back