Last Of The Snow

Enyaw

namuh
AA Mar2823.jpg

Wayne Gaudon Alla Prima Oil Painting on Paper .. Painted Mar 27/23

Last piece from the snowfile. So now I'll go away and find a new subject. Hopefully.

John.
I use Dorlands wax as my medium. I use it at a ratio of 50/50 or more. It dries in a week at most. However, the wax makes the oil finish matte. I like that as there is no glare. I paint alla prima so I don't need to worry about fat over lean and crap like that. To work oils it is thick paint over thin paint. You can scrape out a passage should you not like one and then go back in and repaint it. I don't varnish as I don't need to. The wax is a protector and the finish is the same all over. Less wax more sheen but also more drying time. I do not use any solvents. It's all about touch and leaving it alone. The trick is don't mess around. Make your strokes deliberate and let them be. You can mix on the canvas. You can pick up three similar values at once and let the stroke marry the colours. It's down right fun when it works. Hope this helps. If you have a question, ask.

Thank you Sno.
She is done. Out at the lake at daylight: caught some rainbow trout for dinner. Spring is in the air.

I agree with Arty! Although there is a clear bank of snow in this painting, it feels more like Spring. It's a lighter mood. I love it!

I really like this one! It definitely has a feeling of the end of winter. I especially like the light area of foliage in the centre.

This is a great finish of snow. I love the light in this. It sings.
We supposedly had our last "cold" morning for the year. We should wake up to about 60º F and up from now on here in central Texas.

Back