Last of Bruce

Enyaw

namuh
bbb.jpg

Thought I had a few more ideas from that moment but after 5 days this was the only piece I kept and I'm almost sure it is going to find a home in the garbage bin. I like it: but. Sometimes things just don't work. Winds of change are blowing, I guess. Anyway, 11 x 14 oil on paper .. Alla Prima

I REALLY don't think this should be thrown out. This might be a favorite of mine. The blended sky, the light, the green on top of the hill, and the branches in the trees are all especially beautiful in this one. This is a winner in my book. But that's just my opinion.

Thank you Arty and Joe

I think what I don't like about it is simply it has not made it over the hump. It's almost more than a landscape but it's still landscape. For sure I will rethink it and see how I can make a dollar out of 50 cents.

I truly like it. Love the way that light pops out from behind the deep shadows in the foreground. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Thank you Sno. I like the light but as my wife says I am never satisfied with my paintings. If someone else made it I'd probably love it.

I like the way the strokes in the trees contrast with the ones in the sky and the highlights in the snowy shadow. Nice one.

Thank you Trier. One big happy scene. I used to watch William Alexander and his happy little trees way back before I ever decided to paint.

333333.jpg

Ok, I lied. This is the last Bruce ... just had to have another kick before I moved on.
Leaving landscapes for a little series and moving into dream scenes for lack of a a better name.
11 x 14 Alla Prima Oil on paper

This one goes really well with the former. I love the bit of pink in this. Great light! I am excited to see what you do next. :) ♥️

Thank you Arty .. won't be long hopefully. On my way. Perhaps I should make a map so I can know where I came from and how I got where I am. Just so I can get back to where I am when I forget and find myself back where I was. :)

I think the last one is a beautiful development

Lots of luck with the map. . . too late for me.

first one has a very "real" feel - I feel the cold. I wouldn't change it for fear of losing that element.

this version is also beautiful.
I really like the brighter tones, the lights, the new atmosphere
they are both beautiful, for my taste, normally I should give a slight preference to the former but in this case
the second I think of it as a framed work that I would like to admire every day.

Thank you Joe. I think the second is more open than the first. Two entirely different lights.

Back