Juvenile kit fox in watercolor

Joy

Contributing Member
This is 5.5 x 5.5 on Arches 140CP. Despite the small size it took a while to do, as it became such a mess I wanted to bin it. (Nothing new here.) Even my husband suggested I start over, but I persevered, adjusting values and adding some detail.

Fox.jpeg

Nice work Joy, yes - it is good to keep going, not only it is opportunity to learn more but also to teach us that the potential of seeing things and improving on it is always there.

I LOVE this; it's so cute! I think you did a great job. The eyes are so soulful and the fur looks soft. I want to pet this sweet little thing. ♥️

You did GREAT here, Joy - the least of which is just by hanging in there and sticking with it. The eyes here are so clear and light, and the expression is so sweet. You did a lot right here.

We're alike in thinking that the bigger failure is to abandon something without really investing some time/effort first. Sometimes it's just hard to know if we should throw in the towel. Applause for you!

Reactions: Joy
Terri, Donna, thank you for looking and being so positive. I am glad I stuck through the "ugly stage".

It's adorable, I'm so glad you didn't bin it! It looks so cute and soft.

Back