Jeff and Jaime

Dave Woody

4DFF10DF-1366-4513-BB0D-0DF8F166BF11.jpeg

Acrylic on paper.
Story is, one of ours, Jeff...very sick in hospital is visited by another of our gems, Jaime, who brings medicine, whisky.

In a few weeks, Jeff is strong enough to go home.

I don't know why, I feel that this one is among your top paintings: very personal, mature technique.
(y)👏:)

Thank you. I went ahead and worked on it a bit more, before seeing this high praise.
I just hope I haven't detracted from the original.

AC8330BD-15B7-4997-A0B3-6151D2CAB62D.jpeg

I sincerely love the original, the play to look after and discover the forms. The thick color left and right of the brush strokes (if I understand the technique) defines more or less well the forms and shapes. I find this technique formidable. No need to everything give ready to the eye. I see "Jezzy P, Cat Sanctuary" : you use some very discrete color traces to mark helpful details.
I'm no expert at all, just this painting spoke to me in some manner!

Thank you.
I paint with fingers, detail with stiff brush.
Yep...I always find myself debating if I should outline.

and thank you for looking close enough to see my 'traces' ... I add them knowing that most viewers will not see such minute detail.
I love adding random detail, much of my stuff has character in it's square inches.

I loved the original too. Something about it...you seemed to be onto something magical there. Something new and different. I saw it in a contemporary museum somewhere in Europe. :)

I loved the original too. Something about it...you seemed to be onto something magical there. Something new and different. I saw it in a contemporary museum somewhere in Europe. :)
In a museum? Not in my lifetime.
Every gallery I have approached has catagorically declined to hang any of my work. It doesn't bother me, the comments and appreciation from you all here and the owners of my work express their enjoyment in bundles...That is reward enough for me.

OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! I have a Russian friend who's cure-all is Vodka - this painting creates such vivid memories for me and all this vodka related cures he's given me through out the 20+ years I've known him! Jaime and him must have been separated at birth!

OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! I have a Russian friend who's cure-all is Vodka - this painting creates such vivid memories for me and all this vodka related cures he's given me through out the 20+ years I've known him! Jaime and him must have been separated at birth!
Fantastic that it reaches you in such a way

Back