In Search of Simpler Times

Enyaw

namuh
004.jpg

11 x 14 oil on paper .. study .. alla prima .. painted May 25/22

The rose's posture actually looks kind of wistful. I like the window and beyond, too.
Another beauty, Wayne.

I got the same impression as Lamar. The rose is inside looking out at the world. You did such a great job with the way the light from outside glows and spills into the room. This is a keeper, Wayne (please don't paint over it!)

Very cool, I like the rose leaning out to the window world! The curtain waving, this has life. 👏

Thanks Lamar, Donna, CaliAnn, Zen, &

Donna. It is on the backside of an older piece. It's now a reversable piece of art. Two for one. 😇

I wish I could take credit but it was just a fluke of nature. I found a pic on pexels and did an interpatation of it as art. No great plan, just paint a flower with light from a window. Lucky man, that's all. Maybe Merlin chanced by and lent me a hand. 😅😂🤣 Actually, I even like it.

Your false humility, however well-intentioned, fools no one, Wayne. One suspects that Merlin could learn a thing or two from you ;)

Beautiful painting. I like your use of color and handling of the light.

Your false humility, however well-intentioned, fools no one,
You couldn't be more wrong. People read things into things. When I paint I just strive to get a painting that is pleasing to my eyes. No thought of some grand scheme or of what anyone else will get from the piece. I wish I were that clever. Thank you but no false humility here.

Thanks AMS. 😊

Back