Importance of studio space for your art?

laf, you mean you aren't making art at all right now? That's not good because you are one of my favorite artists here.

❤️Thanks so much Ayin you've made my day. No, the only thing I'm doing is trying to learn some digi progs and looking periodically at one or two of my paintings and thinking what to do to improve them. Very weird for me, I constantly think there is something missing in my life.Well there is, its a studio hahaha

No, we both have to share the sitting room, which as I say makes it more or less impossible at the mo, we are hoping to move at some point. I don't even really have a desk space for watercolours. I was painting on the floor but tbh I end up with backache and knee ache and its not fun. I do really miss it tho and much as I enjoy playing with digis nothing is better (for me) than getting messy with paint

No, we both have to share the sitting room, which as I say makes it more or less impossible at the mo, we are hoping to move at some point. I don't even really have a desk space for watercolours. I was painting on the floor but tbh I end up with backache and knee ache and its not fun. I do really miss it tho and much as I enjoy playing with digis nothing is better (for me) than getting messy with paint
Wow, I find it quite sad that you don't have anywhere to work. It makes me realize how lucky I am in that regard.

I'm hoping that this (hopefully) little break will will just spur me on to better things as soon as new flat with space comes up. I've been lucky in the past with studio space and will hopefully be again.

Thank you all for the kind words about the new studio! It took a lot of time and work to get the space to where it is now. Every day I am so grateful! My wish is for everyone to have some space to be creative.
Off to complete that portrait!

Back