I sold a painting today!

PaintBoss

I have had more people coming to the house (medical staff) recently, and have had 4 inquiries in the last week about buying or commissioning an abstract painting. Today a lady bought one! 🙂 So unexpected. Yay!
Hubby was happy for me, but told me he is sad to see paintings leave. Sweet. I was ready for this early abstract to find its home.

Attachments

• IMG_7859.jpeg
    IMG_7859.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
Congratulations!❤️💝 I know hubby's feelings. When I sell a favorite one, it is almost like selling my child. But you can always paint another. :giggle:

Thank you all. Yes a lovely unexpected surprise. You know its so nice to see people wanting my work! I have been away from folks and feedback for so long.
I have been up all night in a bigger hospital. Infection back. 4 days off antibiotics after months, and BOOM! No sleep yet. They are keeping me here. I will plan some paintings. Brought a small sketchbook.

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear you’re back in the hospital. Hopefully they’ll knock out the infection once and for all. Congrats on the sale and keep planning more paintings if you’re up to it. Best wishes for getting to go home soon. ❤️

I have had more people coming to the house (medical staff) recently, and have had 4 inquiries in the last week about buying or commissioning an abstract painting. Today a lady bought one! 🙂 So unexpected. Yay!
Hubby was happy for me, but told me he is sad to see paintings leave. Sweet. I was ready for this early abstract to find its home.
Yeah! For sure. Nice feeling isn't it.

Congratulations to you on your sale! There is nothing more satisfying to an artist than the moment that someone wants to purchkase one of your pieces of art. That is truly what it's all about, in my opinion! When you realize that someone is willing to actually offer you their hard-earned currency for something that you created from nothing, that's when you have a perfect right to feel elated!!
GOOD FOR YOU! Hope your health issue improves.

Thank you all. Sure is a good feeling.
Bill, lovely to hear from you again! Hope you are doing well.🙂🙂🙂
Well, I’m back in the hospital. It’s a major hospital and they’re telling me I’m gonna be here for at least two weeks. So I brought a little sketchbook. Hopefully I’ll feel well enough to use it.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the sale! I love this piece, and am not a bit surprised that it sold. Huzzah!

I'm sorry to hear you're back in the hospital. Ugh!! You must be so frustrated. :( It's great that you brought your sketchbook, and are riding high on this sale and the other interest in your work, so you have good distractions. I hope the time flies by and you exceed expectations, so you can get back to work, doing what you love. ❤️

Thank you so much! You are very kind. Yes, it did put me in a good mood. And I have a drawing that’s going to be delivered to the surprise recipient this week as well. Going down to Tennessee from Canada. And there’s nothing better than having a delightful surprise being sent to somebody and waiting for the reaction!!!
Yeah, looks like I’m gonna be in the hospital for at least 2 to 3 weeks and hopefully I will feel well enough to do stuff. It might be a little iffy because they’re trying to get to the bottom of things so it might get worse before it gets better. But, I told my family to bring in my watercolour supplies and maybe some ink pens. I’m going to do some miniatures. I have my own room. The nurses tell me it’s the friendliest room. 🙂🙂🙂 But I hope they’ll see it’s going to be a very creative room too! Ha! Studio Re-cupe! Level 4-62! It has a wall of huge windows! Lol I’m gonna try to make the most of it.

Congratulations, although belated! I'm so happy for you! And happy to gave found you again, too! Remember me? Ellen E. from Wet Canvas?

Back