I put together an online art portfolio and am looking for opinions on it.

16ga

I’ve never really made a web page before so I’m looking for opinions and advice on the layout.
Mostly I made this portfolio as a way to show off my art to friends and acquaintances who want to see it. Maybe if I start selling more it’ll become a way to help draw in costumers.
If I get more into art as time goes on maybe it’ll evolve into something else but for now I feel that a simple free website is all I need.

I set it up on the computer but then realized it was completely different on phones and since they’re what most people use nowadays I redid it to look better on them.
I plan on keeping about 20 of what I consider my best pieces in the 3 main categories with at least 5 pieces staying in each. I’ve also added the most recent category to show off my 9 newest pieces as I feel this probably gives a better impression of where my works at now.
I'm considering making a new front page for it but really don't know what to put there.

Anyway. Here it is.
https://rednecksstudio.weebly.com/

What does everyone think of the layout? It is simple enough for most people to use?
And those of you who have online portfolios already do you have any advice on what works and what doesn’t? Are there any pitfalls that I’m heading towards with the way I set it up? Anything I should consider changing or doing differently?

Thanks for any input you can give me.

Works well. You may want to add a pricing page or else add an "available $xxx.xx"

Your page is good. I commented from my phone, looks good there as well. I agree you should have prices if your artwork is for sale, with everything so instant people don't go digging. Congratulations on getting started!

The fields for contact show up right beside that nice tree painting on my browser. Maybe "contact me" could be below the painting so the first visual impact for the visitor would be the beautiful tree and clouds.

From one redneck to another, overall, I like it :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

As for pricing nothing is for sale yet. Everything I’ve sold so far has been to people I’m close to so I haven't really worked all of that out. But when that time comes a page with pricing and ones for sale is a good idea.

Thanks Laika. That’s how it works on the phones. I’ll try to play with it some and see what I can do.
I had a front page with a 3x3 grid of my best 9 paintings but it didn’t work on phones so I scraped it and replaced it with the about page.

I think it's good and really clean. I design sites myself and this would be a good basic type I would suggest for a simple portfolio for most artists--nothing fancy or distracting, and it should work on phones, which it does. :) I think your about page as the home is a great choice, especially having the contact form there. Very wise idea. Excellent start. I don't agree with others as to needing prices, especially if you're not really selling right now, and if people want to inquire, they can always contact you. You don't have so many pieces where they can't just find the title and ask you about it. Overall, well done!

Thanks Arty.

Ive changed the about/front page and made the painting the background. I don't if i like it yet or not but moving the contact form under the painting was making it look odd to me on the computer.
I might put it back how it was and change the picture to a photo of a palette like my profile picture is but i'm not sure yet.

Respectfully, I don't like the current set-up at all for a landing page, except for the profile statement - that, I do like.
Thank you. I think you're probably right. I'll see what i can do.

I switched it back but changed the picture to a palette. I'll think it over awhile and see what I come up with.

I preferred the tree. But I have to agree that on my computer it's very simple, easy to navigate. Clean, the way I prefer to read a page/site that requires some searching. A lot to be said for simple elegance (like Google Chrome's home page, for example.) Some sites I've seen have odd and not endearing searching/paging mechanisms and I can't figure why they were chosen other than to be "different".
What does it cost you to use this Weebly site?
I'm not fond of the contact form on the home page, though. A button is good. Since I don't browse on phone I cannot tell you anything about how that works.

Thanks everyone. I’ll bring the tree back next time I’m on. I think I kinda liked it better myself.

And yes the version I’m using is free. They also have a pay version but I’m not sure what else that comes with.

Back