How to switch off e-mail notifications?

brianvds

Every day, I get notifications in my e-mail from here about answers to threads and new threads and posts and stuff, but it is unnecessary, because I come look in here every day anyway, and to the extent that I even need such notifications, they are given here as well.

But I can't work out how to switch off the e-mail notifications. I unchecked everything on the preferences page, but I still get the notifications. What am I doing wrong?

Also, on each thread, you may have it checked to be reminded to be notified when someone answers on the thread. You may want to check that. Like the "watch" thread selection may be turned on. If you're still having an issue, I can look into it, but that is usually not on our side of things.

Privacy .... turn off email notifications

I don't see anything there about e-mail notifications of new messages etc; only site news and updates. Anyway, it's turned off, but I still receive the notices.

Also, on each thread, you may have it checked to be reminded to be notified when someone answers on the thread. You may want to check that. Like the "watch" thread selection may be turned on. If you're still having an issue, I can look into it, but that is usually not on our side of things.

I don't know what you re referring to here. How do I know whether that option is checked or not? I do not see it anywhere.

Summary: no luck. I still get e-mail notifications of new answers to threads.

Are all your alerts unchecked...on preference page. Only item I have checked is show signature and I am good.

It looks like your settings are correct.

But turning off notifications in your preferences might only work for future threads. It won't unsubscribe you from threads you're already watching.

If you still get notifications, go to the top of the thread and click "Unwatch."

Untitled-1.png

That's what @Artyczar was talking about.

Well, that seems to have worked, thanks!

Only problem is that now I don]t get notifications here anymore either, but that's not the end of the world. :)

At the moment I don't get either e-mail notifications or any of those little red numbers above the clock thingy. Am I to understand that there is no way top get only them, but without e-mail notifications?

I will find out what the problem is and we'll get back to you on this. Sorry it's been an issue. :(

You can get in-forum notifications without emails.

In the first image here you can see (kind of) that I have "Receive news and update emails" unchecked.

notifications-1.png

notifications-2.png

notifications-3.png

If all those "Alert" boxes are unchecked, you won't get the red number count for notifications up by your username. If they are checked, you will get notices.

("Push" is for people who have push notifications enabled. That makes a notification pop up on your desktop, outside of the web browser.)

You can get in-forum notifications without emails.

In the first image here you can see (kind of) that I have "Receive news and update emails" unchecked.

View attachment 3826

View attachment 3827

View attachment 3828

If all those "Alert" boxes are unchecked, you won't get the red number count for notifications up by your username. If they are checked, you will get notices.

Ah, okay, I'll try that and see what happens. Thanks! :)

("Push" is for people who have push notifications enabled. That makes a notification pop up on your desktop, outside of the web browser.)

Ye heavens forbid... :)

Back