How is my figurative painting? Please share your views

ArtistRamyaSadasivam

I did this in 2017. How is it ? Please share your views

combing-3-original-oil-paintings.jpg

I would recommend highlights to her face - cheekbones, nose, forehead - and her hair - as you have done to your avatar. Stronger whites to her eyes. Otherwise, beautiful painting. :)

I like the overall mood and especially her rather fierce expression. While the figure as a whole is simplified/stylized I think both arms..., especially that with the brush... could benefit from some observation from life... even in the mirror. I would be careful with highlights. You don't want any of these to contrast too much with the figure as a whole. Be very careful of going too white in the eyes. The eyes sit recessed in the skull and end up looking like headlights if you use too pure of a white. I agree with ZenDruid that the face and figure could perhaps use a bit more "punch"... but not too much. I would think about exploring more color within the figures. Look at Impressionism and Post-Impressionism... even if you don't wish to infuse your figures with this much color.

I like the overall mood and especially her rather fierce expression. While the figure as a whole is simplified/stylized I think both arms..., especially that with the brush... could benefit from some observation from life... even in the mirror. I would be careful with highlights. You don't want any of these to contrast too much with the figure as a whole. Be very careful of going too white in the eyes. The eyes sit recessed in the skull and end up looking like headlights if you use too pure of a white. I agree with ZenDruid that the face and figure could perhaps use a bit more "punch"... but not too much. I would think about exploring more color within the figures. Look at Impressionism and Post-Impressionism... even if you don't wish to infuse your figures with this much color.
Thank you so much for such a detailed analysis. I will take your advice <3

Back