Houses of Whom

Artyczar

I think I've posted this before (maybe not finished though), but I recently sold it and needed something to post! :ROFLMAO:

This is called Good Morning Houses of Whom. It's oil on canvas, 36 x 36 inches.

good-morning-housesdetail.jpg

I love this for the distance as I have time to explore as I walk .. walk right it, sit right down, .. the crayon story .. lovely piece of work ...

There's a lot to look at in this piece! I love those forground shapes and colours and the sense of distance in the landscape beyond. And congrats on the sale!

Oh WOW! Now there's a landscape worth exploring! This must be stunning in real life at that size and it's no surprise that someone had to have it.

I don't recall seeing it and there is a lot to see! It is very interesting and holds you there for a while. ❤️❤️❤️

A great one Arty. So much to explore and study !
I really enjoy the 'road' coming in from the left with the saw tooth edge and the 3 small domed buildings being sort of at the center of the landscape. A lot can be read into it.
I am inspired to swipe some of it for some studies.

Last edited:
I haven't seen this at any stage! Your work makes me happy. This is bright, colorful, full of details and depth. Not surprised to hear it's sold - congrats!!! I love it! ❤

Congratulations on the sale! Fantastic!
I remember you showed it as a work in progress (if I recall correctly it was almost done)

Wonderful piece, Artyczar - glad it's found its owner. I absolutely love the way that pink runs through into the distant background, and all the shapes and colours are so captivating!

Wow! Reminds me of Santa Fe. The rich colors of nature next to the art of man. Beautiful.

Wow! Thank you all!!! I want to thank each of you; I want to have that time this morning, but I'm trying to answer all the posts on the forum and get back to painting today. All of you are so nice and make me feel good! I was never sure about this particular piece until someone came and fell in love with it. I struggled with it and changed it a number of times. I settled on it finally and liked it enough to call it finished. I'm happy to have sold it for what I asked for it too. They paid in three payments, but it's all the same to me. :)

Thank you again everyone! I really appreciate it. :) ♥️

I love the contrast between the town in the foreground and the vast barren beauty of the hinterland. One's eyes go from hither to thither. Sorry, I had to use that phrase. 😁 Fond memories around this time 😉

Back