Hooker On 49 and Vine

Enyaw

namuh
Hooker on 34th and Vine.jpg

11 x 14 oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted June 18/22

Thank you Hermes .. no, the name came from looking at the painting and seeing the idea of a dressed up doll in a run down place. Then the song Kansas City went through my head and an altered line from the song became the painting's name

Thanks Zen

Thank you Hermes .. no, the name came from looking at the painting and seeing the idea of a dressed up doll in a run down place. Then the song Kansas City went through my head and an altered line from the song became the painting's name

Thanks Zen
Now I see her. Kinda hot. :)

She's a beauty no matter what she's doing on that street corner! :oops: It's an interesting contrast with the flower out front and architectural elements behind her.

Kansas City here I come!
That insolent smokey stare, that disheveled riot of blonde hair, that voluptuous vase, that, that, that, smoldering je ne sais quoi...

Thank you Ayin. I stand corrected as I only ever seen or heard of them in the movies. 🤣

Thank you Donna .. I got the idea when I saw a flower on a stand in a window of an apartment window so you had a city view and a still life. Remember as an artist , you beg, borrow, steal, and steal more than beg or borrow.

Thank you Lamar .. you must be commended on giving me a good dose of laughter. Much needed these days.

Actually Hermes, your take on it was a good one. Every bit as clever in it's own right.

Back