High Country Sentries

A

Aspenman

16x12 using SoHo HB Acrylics with palette knife 🔪 on 246lb linen textured paper - done in a very "chunky" style with a flair towards semi-abstract.

20220114_141848.jpg

...i admire how artists like yourself, get depth in your images.

Superb work ... tangible too....

This is wonderful! When I first saw it, I thought those spires were termite mounds. "Towards semi-abstract." They still could be.

Fun fact for all the family. With a lifespan of fifty years, the queen termite is the longest lived of all the insects. Twenty-five of those years are spent laying eggs: three per second.

Apologies, Aspenman, for adding this unrelated note. It just blew my mind.

I love how this "abstract" technique ends by giving all the essential of the image quite accurately.
I love your photography too, that makes obvious the painting texture with the relief of knife strokes.
:)

I love how this "abstract" technique ends by giving all the essential of the image quite accurately.
I love your photography too, that makes obvious the painting texture with the relief of knife strokes.
:)
Thanks 😊 classic - I appreciate 🙏 your comments.

I love the colors and texture. I'm having a hard time keeping up with you and commenting on your paintings and sketches. Good for you for staying so active with your work. Yay!