High Country Grasses - with correct photo 📷

A

Aspenman

9x12 on 246lb linen paper using Holbein Duo Aqua- Water Soluble Oils. Big brush and palette knife
20211018_150822.jpg

Duo Aqua Oil - Holbein Water Soluble Oils:
Cerulean blue, Cobalt blue, Titanium white, Vermilion, Burnt Sienna, Paynes Grey
Mostly dry brush technique
My big brush is a Purdy 2 inch angled trim brush from Home Depot - my "go to" big brush.
I used Duo Aqua Oil quick drying liquid on the sky to have the paint flow smoother and dry quicker. This made it easier to drop the red rock structure in with my palette knife.

Thanks for your comments.

This is beautiful! I love the line of red in the lanscape and the blues are glorious! :)

The sky is brilliant but the colour of the land does it for me and the way you have the shining on the cliff side.
Steve.

Yup, this is nice to look at. I particularly like the way you lit the rocks in the sunny parts, and I agree with everyone that the sky is impressive. Nice gradation from horizon to the deeper blues above.

I must nitpick: water soluble oils are actually oil paint, not acrylic. It's just oil paint with an added emulsifier. Think mayonnaise. I do believe oil-based acrylic is technically possible, but I don't think anyone has done it yet.

AES - The medium is WATER Soluble as are acrylics so therefore in my opinion belong on the acrylic forum - they are not to be confused with Oil Paint. I will be posting other WSO's here until Management tells me I can't.
I must say I don't understand why you would reply with such an unnecessary comment.

AES - The medium is WATER Soluble as are acrylics so therefore in my opinion belong on the acrylic forum - they are not to be confused with Oil Paint. I will be posting other WSO's here until Management tells me I can't.
I must say I don't understand why you would reply with such an unnecessary comment.
I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be mean. I can't delete it or I would.

Last edited:
I would think the moderator could delete your unnecessary comment - in the meantime I accept your apology - thank you

We all go through misunderstandings and then we work them out like civil adults. :) Aspenman can post these wherever he sees fit for this medium. Please try not to be so critical of things that don't really matter in the scheme of things.

Water mixable oils are oil paints, so Aspenman could post in the oil forum also, with no problem. I don't think that AES said anything wrong. It was a helpful comment.