Hi from California!

ozeanbay

Like many others, I'm also coming over from Wet Canvas. Thanks for being so welcoming to all of us! I've been rediscovering my love for creating art these last few years am really enjoying it. Mostly I paint in acrylics, but I also dabble in pen-and-ink, watercolor, pastels, and crocheting.

At WC, I have really enjoyed the monthly challenges. How do those work here? I saw there was one in the Animal and Wildlife genre. Are there others? I'd love to see something in the acrylics forum. Do we just start one?

Thanks again!

Welcome, Ozeanbay! We're happy to have you on board.

Yes, you are certainly free to start a monthly challenge in the acrylics forum. Check out that format, and just be sure to use Pixabay or a similar photo sharing site.

Have at it - and have fun here! Either me or one of the moderators will stick that thread for you. :)

Welcome ozeanbay! Great to have you here. Feel free to start any kind of challenge you want in any forum. I think it's good for any member to champion a challenge like those that were in WC and lead the way. It's a great idea me thinks. :) I hope you have fun here and make some new friends too!

I am also in California.

Thank you for your warm welcome, everyone! I look forward to enjoying this group and making some new friends, too. Glad to see another from California. :)

I think I will try to set up something of an acrylics challenge. Thanks for being willing to accommodate and help with sticking the thread! Maureen (Charlie's Mum) had set it up on WC and has given her blessing and tips to set it up here. I'd definitely emphasize the use of copyright-free images! I hope that it will be fun for people!

Thank you for your warm welcome, everyone! I look forward to enjoying this group and making some new friends, too. Glad to see another from California. :)

I think I will try to set up something of an acrylics challenge. Thanks for being willing to accommodate and help with sticking the thread! Maureen (Charlie's Mum) had set it up on WC and has given her blessing and tips to set it up here. I'd definitely emphasize the use of copyright-free images! I hope that it will be fun for people!

FYI, we are all good for members to set up challenges. I encourage it. Just ask us to make stickys for those projects and that won't be too much of an issue. Though, ATM, there are only a few of us on staff. Maureen is not one of those staff--just a note.

Back