Haunted Church

OleKobe

This is St. James Church and Cemetery in Lemont, IL from May 2016. This place has a long history of paranormal activity including supposed sightings of ghostly wedding carriages and disembodied monks. Acrylics on 16x20 canvas. Thanks for looking!

100_8032.JPG

A disembodied monk is not something I'd like to experience! This is so nice with the bright sunlight on the front of the building.

Very cool piece. It would have been cool if you made the background kind of ominous to capture the myth behind the church history. Just a thought. ;)

Beautiful rendering of a wonderful subject.

I love old churches and graveyards - from the outside.

You have done a beautiful piece. The lights and shadows are wonderful, just enough detail.
Have you experienced any paranormal activity?

Very cool piece. It would have been cool if you made the background kind of ominous to capture the myth behind the church history. Just a thought. ;)
Thank you Ayin. Excellent idea. My daughter took some great photos of the grounds that day including some eerie B&W ones.

You have done a beautiful piece. The lights and shadows are wonderful, just enough detail.
Have you experienced any paranormal activity?
Thank you for the lovely comments, NTL. We were hoping to experience something paranormal at this site but it didn't happen. It was quite relaxing and peaceful.

Lovely work. I like the sky and the contrast between the bright light and the shadows is excellent.

Back