Guffawing

Balaji

This is a continuation of my sketching therapy which started two months ago in the first week of May...

To start with I was posting several quick sketches of fairly simple subjects. I then shifted to slightly more complex subjects, but still with speed and the number of sketches per day as the main target. Later, I still retained the number of sketches per day as a goal, but stopped worrying about the time factor. Instead, I tried to focus on line quality. From around the last week of June, I have been sketching (or painting) one subject per day, but more patiently.

This pen and ink sketch is approximately 4.5" x 6" and was inspired by ZonVas' pencil sketching demo on YouTube. I sketched this in a Tara Notes flukebook which has smooth and quite nice paper suitable for pen and ink sketching, using a Micron 005, a Classmate Octane gel pen, and a Fude hard tip brush pen.

Guffawing.jpg

Wonderful. You have captured the expression well. I'm glad the "therapy" is working and you are able to tackle some more complex drawings.

Your work is very animated and you capture it very well. So much life in your work!! Well done.

Wayne, Margaret, Jo, & PaintBoss...Thank you.

Yes, Jo. The therapy seems to be working, and even if it is not, I am having a good time sketching.

Excellent! It reminds me of Warren, a guy I worked with back in the 70s. He'd be in his cente-teens (110 or so 😮) today, and probably look somewhat older. 😜
Again, great job!

Ayin, Rich... Thank you.

Ayin... I am back at work and did not find the time to sketch or paint this week. But I am planning to go our and sketch along with the Urban Sketchers Chennai. That will be a field test to see how well my sketching therapy has worked.

Rich...My reference for this sketch was a demo of a pencil sketch by Zonvas. For all I know he might have used a photo of Warren (taken many years ago) as his reference.

Back