Guess the Artist: Testing Google's Image Search

Hermes2020

Let's see whether Google can identify this fragment of a painting by one of my favourite artists.

Test.jpg

I just tried, and in my hands the search failed to identify the artist. However, it came up with some wonderful suggestions, which makes me think that this could be a great tool to seed one's imagination, starting with a favourite image.

Didn't use google to find the name. However I did drop the Tapies portion into google image search to see what you found.

I immediately thought Tapies. It is surprising how image search programs are frequently quite useless. More often than not I save an image on my iPad only to forget the name of the artist. I then try several search programs... to no avail.

I immediately thought Tapies. It is surprising how image search programs are frequently quite useless. More often than not I save an image on my iPad only to forget the name of the artist. I then try several search programs... to no avail.
There was an American artist from the first half of the 20th century whom I saw in an old sales catalogue. Got a photocopy of it, now lost. He never hit it big, and did most of his work painting theatre backdrops. Thought that picture of his was magic. No idea of his name, should have noted it down. Still bugs me.

Back