Ghost of the Amaryllis (Pinhole Fail)

laika

Loitering Member
I made the aperture too large on my pinhole camera, resulting in overexposure and lack of proper focus on the roll of 35mm film :-( I'd hate for this to be my submission for Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day this year. Fortunately, I remembered a roll of 120 film, which I put in my old Agfa Clack pinholed camera to finish my exposures for the day, so I have one chance (actually about 8 chances) to redeem my effort for WPPD 2022.
trig.png

I think you did a great job since it's turned out like and interesting abstract work of art, and a nature piece. I really like the result of this. :)

Aw, you're too kind Ayin :)
If I look at something long enough, I'm likely to find something to like about it, and this is no exception, as I did start to see an abstract possibility in it. Anyway, thanks for looking beyond my mistakes!

Phooey! It's definitely soft, but still I find it colorful and bright - I don't think it's overexposed in that regard.

Plus, you get props for the DYI pinhole camera - more than I've ever tried!

Looking forward to seeing what you get with the Agfa Clack. 😀

I made the aperture too large on my pinhole camera, resulting in overexposure and lack of proper focus on the roll of 35mm film :-( I'd hate for this to be my submission for Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day this year. Fortunately, I remembered a roll of 120 film, which I put in my old Agfa Clack pinholed camera to finish my exposures for the day, so I have one chance (actually about 8 chances) to redeem my effort for WPPD 2022.
View attachment 21395
I like it too. The softness and the shadows work for me :)

This is pretty cool, Lamar. I know it's not what you intended but those abstract shapes are so interesting. (I see a horse in profile and if that tan branch on the right is growing out of the horse’s head then I guess it’s a unicorn! It’s not every day I get to see one so thanks. 😊)

I see a horse in profile and if that tan branch on the right is growing out of the horse’s head then I guess it’s a unicorn! It’s not every day I get to see one so thanks.
So you see that too! I started putting down color in planes with pencils Friday night and the horse appeared almost immediately, and then I saw the horn! I wish I could say that I got that on film on purpose...

Back