Georganic

Scamall

Supporting Member
Bristol plate 11 x 14 Prismacolor base with some Gamsol for blending and Polychromos
9B9D4E24-0C8A-41C9-9163-B3ED3D2CF4E7.jpeg
detailing.

Nice work! Does the Gamsol evaporate completely from the paper? Are going to do anything else with the grid?

Thanks! There seems to lave a slight mark on the opposite side but only if I overdid the Gamsol. This one had barely any on it. I’m not sure about the grid yet.

Thanks for the info! I'm certain that I've tried a solvent with colored pencils before, but in a very limited way. Or maybe it was oil pastels and solvent...
I’m not sure about the grid yet.
@Terri introduced me to that method of gridding, and I find it very useful.

Thanks for the info! I'm certain that I've tried a solvent with colored pencils before, but in a very limited way. Or maybe it was oil pastels and solvent...

@Terri introduced me to that method of gridding, and I find it very useful.
I’m not sure what you mean about a method of gridding? Tell me more, please! 🙂

I’m not sure what you mean about a method of gridding? Tell me more, please!
It's a simple (to me) way of scaling up a drawing, explained in this article. I find it works well for, say, doubling the scale of a 4x6" photo to 8x12" if I need a little accuracy.

Maybe you weren't doing that at all?

It's a simple (to me) way of scaling up a drawing, explained in this article. I find it works well for, say, doubling the scale of a 4x6" photo to 8x12" if I need a little accuracy.

Ohhhhh! I do that sometimes when doing something that I want to be exact. The grid here was an afterthought. I liked the contrast between organic and less obviously geometric forms.
This is a very cool piece! I like the grid background.

Thanks, I might do more grid/geometric background but will need to be more exact.

Thanks, Enyaw!

Yes, I think the grid method discussed in the article is useful for scaling a reference image to your paper or canvas size. It helps with maintaining proportions. I've used it and it's pretty straightforward.

If you're painting something freestyle or deliberately exaggerating proportions, you wouldn't need it.

As far as grids go, it's about the easiest thing I've seen. :)

Very good, I like the contrast between the flower and the geometric background.

I really like how you have juxtaposed the geometric grid with the more fluid nature of the flower. Nice!

Back