Generic Flowers

Enyaw

namuh
redback.jpg

11 x 14 Oil on Paper .. Alla Prima .. toned the paper red beforehand ..painted 15/11/21

yelllowback.jpg

11 x 14 OIl on Paper .. Alla Prima .. toned the paper yellow before hand .. painted 15/11/21

Last edited:
I like these, the reflections in the vase in the first one, the tendrils in the background of the second. The colors and light have a festive feeling.

I love both in different ways. Something about the colors in the first make me happy and art doesn't usually do that, so thank you. ♥️

You are rolling with that knife.
the first one need some correction with the flowers i would go with orange.
the second what ever is behind the vase and flowers just flat it solid bcz its very messy and confusing with with the flowers.
besides, a beautiful works.

You are rolling with that knife.
the first one need some correction with the flowers i would go with orange.
the second what ever is behind the vase and flowers just flat it solid bcz its very messy and confusing with with the flowers.
besides, a beautiful works.
Thank you Lazarus ..
On the first one I would not use orange because the color I have used separates it from the background, but thank you .. if I were to change anything I would sit the flowers back further into the painting because I find them too in your face.

The second one is a old fashion papered wall that is just ablaze with color. I think it works because it is a gradient from light to dark across the whole painting. To me, the flowers do not get lost in it and I don't think it competes but compliments the colors of the flowers and pushes them outward. I guess we all see differently. Interesting to see other thoughts though.

I love the second one! The background really appeals to me, and the way you've echoed the wallpaper patterns in the knife marks for the flowers is just brilliant. I also really enjoy reading your own comments on your work - I learn a lot from those, so thanks to both you & Lazarus for the extra discussion.

I like them both, but the vase in the first one is just rocking it for me. Brilliant job!

I love the second one! The background really appeals to me, and the way you've echoed the wallpaper patterns in the knife marks for the flowers is just brilliant. I also really enjoy reading your own comments on your work - I learn a lot from those, so thanks to both you & Lazarus for the extra discussion.
Thank you Triss .. always open to discuss other views even if I don't share them .. they may affect me at a later piece.

I like them both, but the vase in the first one is just rocking it for me. Brilliant job!
Thank you Terri .. why'd you put the blinds up ;)

I even like the wonky vase in the first one but I love the second one. ❤️❤️
... wonky, just like the creator .. and I guess some people do need a handle :LOL:

Both are nice Wayne......the colors on the first vase seem so random but it works!

Thank you Perry.
Not random..blu/green dominant dark side and yellow/green dominant on the light side. As pointed out by Sno I lost the vase shape as I got too busy trying to let the red bleed. Next time.

Thanks Trier.
Generic/the new abstract. 😃

not sure which one I like better. Like them both, I like how the green carries through to the background on the bottom painting. I guess the 2nd one is the one I like just a bit better.

Back