Geetha Cafe, Pondy Bazaar, Chennai

Balaji

This is an 8" x 6" pen and ink sketch, made on location last Sunday at USk Chennai's Sketchmeet 23. Geetha Cafe is one of the oldest landmarks in Pondy Bazaar area. It started operations in 1954 and continues to be popular even today.

In the Urban Sketchers' Group I posted my sketch as it was at the end of the event. Later, at home, I touched it up a little bit, and that is what I am posting here.

Geetha Cafe, Pondy Bazaar, Chennai (touched up).jpg

I'm always impressed with the amount of detail you get in your small ink sketches, Balaji. This is another great job. I love this little cityscape!

Anne, Terri...Thank you. :)
Terri...Over the years I have taught myself to reduce the amount of details (in comparison to what is available in the reference, whether it is a live scene, or a photograph) in my artwork. But I realise that I can, and should reduce them even more.

This is great. The Texas Urban sketchers came to Bastrop. A fun weekend. I had commented here, I thought. Must have only been in my mind. I always love your sketching marks and techniques.

Ayin, Jo, and Kay...Thank you. I have sketched around this location some years ago too, when it was less pedestrian friendly.

This is great. The Texas Urban sketchers came to Bastrop. A fun weekend. I had commented here, I thought. Must have only been in my mind. I always love your sketching marks and techniques.
Did you sketch along with them? And, have you posted those sketches here?

Back