Fungi-based Alien Dragon Rider and Cartographer

Dm7

It's for a challenge I am in. An artist is chosen to do a rider and a dragon for other artist with a topic to direct them. Mine was alien. And that's why you don't see a dragon here. I believe by tomorrow, the host will match us up on one piece and surprise us. :D

Made in Krita with Cintiq 16 tablet. Enjoy!

Fnl2b1K.jpeg

Dm7

Well done. It sounds like an interesting challenge. The final result when all the pieces are put together should be fun to see.

Reactions: Dm7
Now that is a fascinating thread title! Great artwork too, very imaginative. :)

That is a wonderful end result. I admire your skill, because I found the brushes frustrating to use in Krita, especially the clone brush, which I had a hard time to find initially. Have you used Corel Painter at all? I can imagine it would suit you very well.

@ntl @Sylwia J-D @Triduana Thank you so much! 💖

@Hermes2020 Thank you! I only use mostly a default rounded brush with opacity and sometimes size pen pressure enabled. I've tried Corel Painter, but it's a bit too resource heavy for my 10-years-old pc. Maybe when I finally get a new pc I'll revisit it. In the meantime if I feel like doing something more traditionally without the mess that comes with actual traditional medium, I'll use Artrage Vitae. It's a great program too! :)

To be honest, I would love to do some imaginative/illustrative work with oil painting, but I freak out on the thought of it and only stick to still life and plein air studies. :ROFLMAO:

DM, this is wonderful! Absolutely stunning work! Sounds like an interesting challenge. I almost missed this thread.

...You're a Crimson Daggers person aren't you?

That guy has gorgeous eyes. Love the form/structure of the face too

(on the subject of software - I had Corel Painter a long time ago. Well, had - still have the CD! I tried to install it again recently but it seems even with compatibility mode windows 10 refuses to touch a software originally written for xp hahahaha. I seem to remember Painter was a grumpy old thing even on the OS it was written for. I keep hearing good things about krita - I must look into it. you evidently get on with it well)

I love this, so funky and fun.
Drizzle Re: Painter, I had it years ago and gave up with it because as you say it was a grumpy old thing, full of glitches. I have just installed the new version - its totally fab, smooth with loads of new features that I haven't even explored yet, mainly cos my pen keeps needing a recharge ha🙂

@moscatel aw thank you! Yeah it was a fun challenge. I needed something to propel me forth since I've been feeling uninspired lately.
@Nufocus thank you! :D
@drizzlewither Thank you! I've heard of Crimson Daggers, but wasn't a member there. And thank you! Haha Corel used to be very buggy, but I think it got better nowadays. I tried the recent one and it didn't nail the feeling I'm looking for, but that's okay. At least I tried.
@laf.art Thank you! :)

Back