From our trip to Italy & Malta

Bartc

This may be overload and I know some of the renderings online aren't the best representation of the paintings. You can figure out which, because they're all on white WC stock, so if the edge or light areas look tinted, it's the repro, not the original that is at fault.
These are on various sizes of WC or Multimedia papers. I'm too jet-lagged to detail those right now.
I always travel with a water media kit. These mementos take about half an hour. We were in Italy & Malta.
Enjoy.
Milan
Milan Piazza Del Duomo 2024.jpg

Cinqueterre
Manarola from Via Del Amore 24.jpg
View of Vernazza through Porto Roca 24.jpg
Torre Aurora after a rain storm 24.jpg

Piazza Matteoti 24.jpg

Palermo
Palermo 4 Towers 24.jpg
Palermo Norman Cathedral 24.jpg

Cefalu Sicily
Cefalu 24.jpg

Cefalu Norman Cathedral 24.jpg

Taormina Sicily
Taormina Greco Roman Theater 24.jpg
Taormina Piazza 24.jpg

Siracusa Italy
Siracusa Cathedral 24.jpg

Blue Lagoon Comino Island Malta
Malta Comino Island Blue Lagoon 24.jpg

Last edited:
Bart, you've been just about everywhere!! Was the volcano 🌋 in Sicily throwing fire and ash still?
Nice collection of art work from your travel! 👏

Bart, you've been just about everywhere!! Was the volcano 🌋 in Sicily throwing fire and ash still?
Nice collection of art work from your travel! 👏
Volcano (Etna) was quiet. Wasn't near enough to Stromboli to care.

I love your sketches Bart! Looks like you had a wonderful trip around Italy.

Thanks Ayin, Moscatel, Kay & Queen.
As you all likely know, painting these ditties holds greater and deeper memories than any other souvenirs or photos.
BTW, I stopped the daily painting in Sicily, because "white" limestone Baroque architecture wasn't what I like to paint. Too much detail, too little color. Basic beige. Yes, of course I know how one takes that challenge on, but it doesn't hold water for me I've found. John Singer Sargent did wonders with those with ocher and a blue and little else, but I am not John Singer Sargent after all!

I just love the freshness of these! Wonderful, quality work. It would take me waaaay too long to attempt to do at whilst on holiday. Kudos!

Bart, how did you go from Italy to Malta?
Was Malta your final destination?
Yes, last stop on a 3 week trip. Ferry from Pozzallo in Sicily to Valletta. 1.75 hours on a terrific ship, but it cost almost as much as flying might have. It's not all that far between those two islands. Imagine the days when intrepid Phoenicians plied those waters.

I just love the freshness of these! Wonderful, quality work. It would take me waaaay too long to attempt to do at whilst on holiday. Kudos!
20 - 30 minutes mostly. The key is to just do it!

Lucky you….for being able to travel there and to capture such lovely images. Thanks for sharing.

By the (who cares?) way, my “people” are from Sciaccia which I I’ve always pronounced it as “Ski AT cha.” But I actually met somebody whose family lived there and she said it’s pronounced “SHOCK a.”

I know is sort of a workaday fishing port in Agrigento but not sure if it’s much of a tourist destination. In any case, I’m sure *I’ll* never get to see it but I wonder…did YOU?

Lucky you….for being able to travel there and to capture such lovely images. Thanks for sharing.

By the (who cares?) way, my “people” are from Sciaccia which I I’ve always pronounced it as “Ski AT cha.” But I actually met somebody whose family lived there and she said it’s pronounced “SHOCK a.”

I know is sort of a workaday fishing port in Agrigento but not sure if it’s much of a tourist destination. In any case, I’m sure *I’ll* never get to see it but I wonder…did YOU?
"She-a-cheeah" actually. Don't know if I ever hit that spot but visited Agrigento 50 years ago, not this trip. Great Valley of the Temples there.

Great Valley of the Temples! This is interesting! Never heard of this place, could be worth of a visit, maybe a pleinair trip. Thanks for the info, Bart!

I feel like I get to travel a wee bit with you! Beautiful. Thank you for sharing and letting us dream of these places. I hope you had a great time.🙂What a keepsake!❤️❤️

Back