Four Stuffies set

drizzlewither

(excuse the shabby photo in kitchen, it's the only room that has a daylight spectrum lightbulb)

These are very special to me because they represent a victory against my glitchy brain. I bought the 4 little square canvases a decade ago, yes a decade. But I never opened the canvases. I couldn't take the first step of taking off the wrap. It's called executive dysfunction, it interferes with everything even the simplest daily tasks and it is MY NEMESIS. December last year I started using a productivity app called Habitica and that got me s-l-o-o-w-l-y starting to move on many things. I opened the packet and did the first painting. It took a LONG TIME, do a little bit then abandon it for a few weeks, do a little bit more.

acrylic-canvas-set.png

I think it was about a month ago that I finished the last one of the four. So 9-10 months in total to do them all. You cannot imagine how proud I was and still am to have made a SET of something, even before I was getting any treatment. I will never forget that I achieved it.

They are chronological order from left to right.
  • Stuffed rocket doorstop, white sheet backdrop
  • Stuffed octopus, white sheet
  • Stuffed sailor bear, black sheet
  • Stuffed Queen Mary 2 ocean liner, black sheet (yeah her nose is going off the edge, a shame but we can forgive her for it, I love her anyway)

acrylic-canvas-on-wall.png

On the wall now so I can look up and say to myself I did that.

Paints: white, cobalt blue, cadmium yellow, vermilion, yellow ochre, burnt sienna.

they are all wonderful, I like them very much, quite right to be proud of them, for the challenges and difficulties overcome,
and also very proud of the result, the result is really beautiful, I've been admiring them for minutes, all 4 are fantastic.

I LOVE these! It doesn't matter how long they took you. Art can't be rushed. It is what it is and now they exist perfectly. Awesome job!!!! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Wonderful set — congratulations! I agree that art, or the creative process, cannot be rushed or forced. Only you know when the time is right.

A stuffed ship!
These are really cute. What size are they?

And as a fellow executive dysfunctional (ADHD-C and some other stuff) I'm jelly:p A bit off topic: how did you work out the reward structure for that app? I tried it a few years ago but just kept losing track of it. It just ended up one more thing to fiddle with, you know?

Thanks all. :)

AES - They're all about the same size. People gift me weird toys, I don't know why. Here's a pic. I love the Queen Mary 2 stuffy so much it's just so ridiculous! Look at that daft thing!
stuffies.png

(Re Habitica, I'm super super motivated for anything videogamey. I like dressing up my little man and grinding to get the pets so I needed no encouragement there. I've said in the past with a rather despairing humor, I won't lift a finger to benefit myself but offer me some digital gold and pixels and I'm all over that.)

Thanks all. :)

AES - They're all about the same size. People gift me weird toys, I don't know why. Here's a pic. I love the Queen Mary 2 stuffy so much it's just so ridiculous! Look at that daft thing!
View attachment 10603
(Re Habitica, I'm super super motivated for anything videogamey. I like dressing up my little man and grinding to get the pets so I needed no encouragement there. I've said in the past with a rather despairing humor, I won't lift a finger to benefit myself but offer me some digital gold and pixels and I'm all over that.)
Lol I meant the canvases, but alright.
I might have to try that app again. I mean, I've been stuck in Skyrim for almost 5 years now(!), maybe my brain will be primed for it.

Oh duh. See I read something and always jump to the exact wrong conclusion lol. Canvases are 8inch squares.

That pale spooky-eyed guy you were studying on the WetCanvas thread, that was Skyrim then? He had one heck of a chin. I liked him.

If you mean the ones on this page, then not technically. He's an Elder Scrolls Online character. Same series, different game. The redhead is his younger self, a model I ripped out of the game files, and the first half-painted one is his older self I recreated in Skyrim's character creator. And it's a good thing you like him, becasue TES High Elves are my current painting fixation:D

Last edited:
Great job. I'm sure you enjoy seeing them on your wall. Keep up the good work. Art is not a race. It is the destination that counts.

Wow. these are so special. with so much passion and innocence. so alive. so connected one to each other. like a friends. same touch at any one of them. all have a meaning in them. beside a wonderful result of painting skill. well done friend.

Congratulations on getting them done! They all ended up great!

Back