Found this article in Hyperallergic newsletter

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Contributing Member
Because of what I've been playing with in my digital art, I found this interesting. I origionally printed and then edited my works. Never went this far though. Pondering if I should. The last paragraph, below, takes it to a next level discussion. I think.
"According to the gallery statement, Bickel’s research “assesses how Google Vision API […] would impact the fate of climate reporting due to current labeling production design.” If a computer doesn’t recognize that an image represents an effect of climate change, then is it even happening? What if our perception becomes so distorted that we no longer see the extent to which a digital hegemony is shaping our physical world? While Bickel’s research may attempt to answer the first question, her art responds to the second with a mesmerizing and uneasy open-endedness."
Screenshot_20240719-091721.png

Last edited:
What if our perception becomes so distorted that we no longer see the extent to which a digital hegemony is shaping our physical world
..”thou shalt not have false images before me” .. images shape our beings… affirmations .. self doubt .. both will shape you….images can have you believe .. advertising is based on that precept .. familiarity will have you choose what you are familiar with…good or bad .. the US was grown off the film industry as they repeatedly showed people how the rich did it .. gave people something to aspire to … little white fences and lawns so clean and cut … … it’s too late .. we already have had our perception bombarded with false images to the point we don’t know the real from the pretence. …

Back