Five One

Bongo

Five One" 18"x9" oil on panel.
comments welcomed.

Five One.jpg

Thank you - yes, area 51. I should have known better about the title. If you try to get cute with titles, then (through no fault of their own) half the people won't get it. The half that does will think you're a smart-ass too clever by half.

This is especially true nowadays when we're made aware of sooo much that's going on in the world that we don't need or have time for obtuse titles to ponder.

Unless you have some cracker-jack image, they get 5 seconds (tops) of people's attention. You don't want to squander 3 seconds of that by trying to figure out the title.

I spent more than 5 seconds on this, Bongo. I'm looking for things in the sky and half hoping "there's nothing to see here." I like the long format - it seems to fit with the theme.

Well, I like the title and the painting :) The prominent vanishing point somehow fits with the subject and the almost panoramic format enhances that ominous brown-ish sky.

I love this! Your sky colors are beautiful and serene, very at odds with the roadblocks and warning signs. That's really well done.

I also like the mere hint of the subject matter with the sign lettering being so soft and off to the side. I like your vanishing point and the yummy textures from your brushwork.

This one's a quiet little gem. ❤️

Looks more like one of the pre-911 boarder crossings between Montana and Alberta c. 1974
Just a stop sign?
I spent more than 5 seconds on this, Bongo. I'm looking for things in the sky and half hoping "there's nothing to see here." I like the long format - it seems to fit with the theme.
thought about putting a saucer up there, but that would be like putting seagulls on a seascape.
Well, I like the title and the painting :) The prominent vanishing point somehow fits with the subject and the almost panoramic format enhances that ominous brown-ish sky.
title and painting! - a rare two-fer, thank you laika. And no doubt you know laika was the name of the first (Russian) dog in space. (have I mentioned that before? If so please ignor)
I love this! Your sky colors are beautiful and serene, very at odds with the roadblocks and warning signs. That's really well done.

I also like the mere hint of the subject matter with the sign lettering being so soft and off to the side. I like your vanishing point and the yummy textures from your brushwork.

This one's a quiet little gem. ❤️
I started out wanting to make this a scorching hot desert day, with heat waves coming off the pavement. But sometimes the paint has other ideas.

Thank you Sno.

John, do you know about Bob Lazar and his area 51 stories, he too thinks there are aliens there.

I didn't even think about the title at first. I just looked at it for what it was and thought the sky was amazing and intelligent, like you had just randomly made that choice of sky color. As it stands, I think it's a great painting and very cool. Now that I read it's Area 51, it's still cool. ;)

Back