Finalist with Exhibition in the PortraitNow! 2023 competition

moscatel

oil painter
I'm happy to announce that my painting has been selected as a finalist in the PortraitNow! 2023 competition and it will be exhibiting in the Frederiksborg Castle in Denmark, Europe during the summer. The exhibition starts May, 26th 2023 and lasts till end of August. The castle itself is a gorgeous place to visit both interior and the gardens outside. https://dnm.dk/en/frederiksborg-castle/

This is the selected painting:
portrait_boy_ilmansg.jpg

(y) Well deserved, as the values are outstanding! The castle looks incredible. I visited Copenhagen in the early eighties, but did not get there. How absolutely thrilling for you.

Joy and Arty, thank you!
Joy, you live in England, correct? How did you travel to Copenhagen, ferry or plane? I have friends who have been visiting in Copenhagen but did not go to this castle, it's only 50 km away from the capital and there's nowadays train connection organized so that tourists can easily get there. I hope to visit the exhibition in summer, it would be by plane but there is a nice ferry going there too (from Helsinki).
It's amazing how unknown this place is since it has so gorgeous large gardens and the castle has art and luxurious halls and rooms! I never heard of it before our exhibition, either.

Joy and Arty, thank you!
Joy, you live in England, correct? How did you travel to Copenhagen, ferry or plane? I have friends who have been visiting in Copenhagen but did not go to this castle, it's only 50 km away from the capital and there's nowadays train connection organized so that tourists can easily get there. I hope to visit the exhibition in summer, it would be by plane but there is a nice ferry going there too (from Helsinki).
It's amazing how unknown this place is since it has so gorgeous large gardens and the castle has art and luxurious halls and rooms! I never heard of it before our exhibition, either.
I live in the US, but being a huge Anglophile, am flattered that you feel I am British! In 1981, upon graduating from undergrad, I took a student tour of Europe. Finland, was not on the itinerary, but I would love to see it. Love, love, love Nordic noir!

Congrats again on your phenomenal achievement! If feasible, can you post it hanging there?

Joe, thanks!
Jo Castillo, thanks!
Joy, Ah, I was so sure you are from England! Thanks for correcting, interesting to call it "nordic noir", I actually like that too but also Spanish Sun Shine! 🌞 Now that we still have ground covered by snow I'm dreaming of Spain. Sounds nice your trip to Europe! I was late 80's traveling in US. lol I hope I can go to Denmark and take more pictures of the exhibition. I need to resolve my cat's cat-sitting issues etc during the trip.
Sanlynn, thank you!
Laika, thank you!

I'm happy to announce that my painting has been selected as a finalist in the PortraitNow! 2023 competition and it will be exhibiting in the Frederiksborg Castle in Denmark, Europe during the summer. The exhibition starts May, 26th 2023 and lasts till end of August. The castle itself is a gorgeous place to visit both interior and the gardens outside. https://dnm.dk/en/frederiksborg-castle/

This is the selected painting:
View attachment 29511
Fantastic. Easy to see why. Congratulations

Back