Figure drawing

Rikard

Made a figure drawing. It‘s Conte sanguine on Hahnemuhle Ingress. Not too crazy about this paper actually. It‘s a bit flimsy.
IMG_8145.jpeg

I typically draw the model a bit more voluminous than they are. But, since the model here is my wife I didn‘t dare to expand too much :)

This is a very well done figure. I just hate working on flimsy paper. The biggest error I made when starting to paint was thinking I could save money on cheap paper until I got "better".

This is a very well done figure. I just hate working on flimsy paper. The biggest error I made when starting to paint was thinking I could save money on cheap paper until I got "better".
Thank you so much. Yes, well I do like the laid/ingres surface. But I think it's too thin. I see that both Fabriano and Arches make heavier paper of this type. Will have to investigate the options a bit :)

Another very good sketch,❤️ paper a bit textured for figure drawing. I'd like to see how you do on Bristol or vellum. :giggle:

Another very good sketch,❤️ paper a bit textured for figure drawing. I'd like to see how you do on Bristol or vellum. :giggle:
Thank you very much. Yes I agree. A bit too much structure, although the side lighting exaggerates it in the photo. Tried hot press watercolour paper, but found the surface too soft somehow. I think I will use up the Hahnemuhle Ingress paper. It‘s flimsy but works ok if I tape down the paper while drawing :)

Back