Faraway beach #3

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi folks. A small pleinair, we kayaked to a beach about a mile up the coast, lovely spot and big enough for a number of folk not to feel squashed together. I've done a couple of ATC here but I decided to try a little bigger. This is the rock at the far end of the beach.
On sanded sennelier card, 5x7 inches (2x an ATC), using Rembrandt's, touched up slightly at home. I guess I've oversimplified the pebble beach & trees but with pastels I can't get detail at this size, oil or WC would be better, but hey, nice to get out

IMG_4112.jpg

Thanks Paintboss, the weather is changing here so trying to get the last few days in on the sea.
This was a tricky scene as the sun kept ducking behind some clouds changing the light on the rock and sea.

MurrayG, lovely softness, movement and interesting things happening at the beach and in the water. Spectacular rock! Love the tiny pine(?) trees on the top. Can you climb there? Everything in this painting is very special. You certainly find stunning places to paint!

Hi moscatel, people jump from there into the sea in front, not for me tho. Yes, stunted pines. Thank you for the lovely complements

Very nice, Murray. I imagine that pastels lend themselves very well to plein air. Well done. ❤️

Back